Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa 13A visa acceptance waiting time???

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by kelpguy, Jan 24, 2016.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    just curious.... i turned in my 13A (Conversion to Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by Marriage) form on 20 oct 2015 and my acceptance/denial hasn't been posted on the BOI agenda page to date. i've already extended my tourist visa twice during the wait and i'm wondering how long other applicants had to wait for their application to be processed.

thanks...
    norm : ))~

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    You really need to Contact Cebu on this it should only be 20 days

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    thanks for the reply, JP.
    ummm... the 13A is the little woman's project (for me) and i've been gently suggesting she call cebú but she says duma BI told her twice to just keep checking the agenda page, so that's what we've been doing.

i'll show her your post and see if she budges, if not, i'll go behind her back and do it myself.

actually, we've tried calling cebú several times in the past and never had much luck, does anyone have a working number for Cebú BOI?

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    (032) 345 6442 /3 /4 fax (032) 345 6441
    When you had your Interview did they tell you when your hearing date was?

5. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    thanks Jack but we were never able to get thru to BOI calling those numbers.

as for the hearing, what's a hearing? 1st i've heard of it.

fwiw....
    i applied for the 13A at Cebú BOI on 20 oct, 2015 and it was approved on 13 jan 2016.

it was posted on the BOI agenda page on 27 jan, 2016 and on 3 feb, 2016, we got a surprise text from BOI informing us that it was approved. (latency?) we immediately replied to the text asking how we can find out if my ACR card is ready and about my wife picking up the ACR card and having my passport updated but no reply yet.

btw... i learned a new (to me) trick when looking for my name on the agenda list that might help someone out if you're using firefox; when scrolling down the agenda list looking for your name, press control and the f key and a ''find'' window pops up in the lower left corner of your screen. type in your name and hit enter and it hilites your name if it's on the list. amazing what i don't know about computers...

before i learned that there's a ''find'' option on firefox, i was copying the list and pasting it into a blank excel page and using the excel find function but it's a little difficult to see the target item cuz excel doesn't hilite it and i couldn't figure out how to make it hilite.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i'm reporting on the last step in getting my ''temporary visa'' status changed to ''probationary 13A'' status. the next step will be completed in approximately 12 months from the date of the probationary approval.

i now have my pp updated to my current status and i don't have to report to BOI until next january for the annual report. i also have a new purple colored ACR card which expires one year from the date of the approval of the probationary status. they did not ask me to turn in my old ACR card which expires in june 2016. the interviewer told us that we would be notified by text that the ACR card was ready for pickup but they musta forgot...

there were no new forms to complete or new fees to pay and the little woman was able to make the trip to cebu w/o me and do all the legwork while i stayed home with the chickens and the garden.

we were told at the interview that she could act on my behalf but just to be sure, she took a notarized letter from me stating that she was authorized to do so. BOI never looked at the letter or even asked her for her ID when she picked up the updated pp and new arc card. it took about 2 hours of waiting.

it all started aug 2015 and we didn't waste a moment jumping thru the hoops including getting married. was it worth it? i dunno, the jury's still out on that one but it sure as hell wasn't was i was expecting when i read that ''it's more fun in da fils''...

• Informative Informative x 4