Dumaguete Info Search

14 NPA rebels killed Negros Oriental and a policeman injured

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by mokum, Apr 2, 2019.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Negros - At the same time Oplan Sauron said police action on Saturday in Negros Oriental, 14 members of the Special Partisan Unit (SPARU) of the New People's Army (NPA) rebels were killed. - klajoo.com - Oplan Sauron is conducting house search warrants for illegally possessing firearms and explosives. Chief Police Colonel Raul Tacaca said there were eight people in Canlaon City, four in Manjuyod and two in Sta. Catalina killed. Tacaca says the people killed in the raids reportedly resisted arrest by the police during the crackdown. The names of the victims were not disclosed, the injured police identified Tacaca as the Police Corporal Ian Puerto, according to the Regional Mobile Force Battalion - Central Visayas (RMFB-7) NORPPO, the SPARU members are being harassed by Police Chief Master Sergeant Humprey Teves in Manjuyod, the liquidation attempt against Police Staff Master Sergeant Marjun Cadiz at his home in Manjuyod, the foiled murder attempt on Police Corporal Felecio Tarugo of the Canlaon City Police and the murder of Master Sergeant Celso Pedochino of the Philippine Army. They are also linked to the ambush of several police officers in Guihulngan City, which resulted in injuries and some deaths, the harassment of the RMFB-7 personnel, one of which was violated, atrocities against the armed forces of the Philippines and innocent civilians suffering from these hardcore Criminals were committed, says the NORPPO. In the missions was arrested 15 people who are considered supporters of the NPA rebels. Tacaca says that by 5:30 pm, almost 60 Oplan Sauron have been executed, adding, "It is unfortunate that people were killed during the missions, but as they resisted arrest, we also played our part in defending ourselves . "

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I personally knew two of these people who were murdered in cold blood. There was no arrest warrent and they had no weapons in the house,swat came through the door at 4am and shot the father and one son dead. The mother was given p3000 by authorities. I wont go into further details on here. Lets just say politics played a big part.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Careful now. :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +246 / 138
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    The accounts claim the police were fired upon.
    None of the reports mention recovered guns or shell cases. That could be a problem.
    I will wait with baited breath. LoL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I know from what I read in your postings before that you are a very good person and would try to do your best for people.

IMHO: There are internal matters within the country which, if not affecting us personally, we can form an opinion on but should keep it to ourselves and not get involved. If we intervene, verbally or by other actions, we do not change the situation one iota but may put ourselves and others in danger. There may come a point at which foreigners need to re-evaluate their presence here and make choices - but for the meantime I think silence is golden.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    Can you explain how my observation puts me or others in danger.
    I don't see it but it seems others agree with your thoughts on that issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I think because if offence is taken at comments pertaining to political actions, which any country would consider its own business, they may seek some form of retribution against those who make the comments or the whole community (ex-pats in this case). It is a case of putting the head above the parapets, just to get it shot off for no reason. We can all moan about 'out of stock' sir and other relatively-minor service matters as those affect us directly and no one really cares - but get involved in police and/or political matters in a foreign country and you take a risk. As I said before, it will change nothing. Keep a low profile - keep safe.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Police in Negros Oriental province executed their victims “tokhang” style during the Saturday pre-dawn raids that killed 14 persons in Canlaon City and Manjuyod and Sta. Catalina towns, according to families and witnesses.

Provincial police director, Sr. Supt. Raul Tacaca described the slain as suspected communist rebels, including partisans or urban fighters, linked to foiled assassination plots against state forces.

Tacaca said those who died fought back against arresting teams from the PNP Regional Public Safety Battalion, the Special Action Force, various police stations, and the Philippine Army. He said one cop was hit by a bullet on the buttocks.

Fifteen others were arrested, including local Gabriela leader Corazon Javier, and brought to the Canlaon City provincial police headquarters.
    https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/31...-style-executions-in-negros-oriental-killings

10. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.

You are using this forum to proliferate your biased view into the court of public opinion.

You have failed to substantiate your claim that the victims were executed.

Please do not pollute this forum with your unsubstantiated claims. Simply post a link to the news so that we can read it and form our own opinion.

SkipJack
    This message by SkipJack has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2019