Dumaguete Info Search

2 days 2 nights suggestions pls

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by tr4v3ll3r, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tr4v3ll3r

tr4v3ll3r DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm new here and would really like to benefit from all your useful advice :smile:

3 of us will be travelling to Dumaguete this November, arriving early in the morning by plane on a Saturday and leaving the city early morning on Monday.

Here are my questions and all your suggestions and advice would be very much appreciated.

1.) Is November a good place to travel this part of the Phils in the first place? Or should we prepare ourselves for lots of rains and everything that comes with that?

2.) We only have 2 days to tour the place, so we thought that when we arrive on Saturday, we will directly do some nature stuff. So any suggestions what we should see and experience that's natury? I'm hearing good stuff about the Twin Lakes. It would be helpful if we can do all the nice natury places in one day...

3.) Considering question 2, where should we stay On Saturday night? Is Sea Forest a good choice?

4.) On Sunday, we would like to do a city tour. Any recommended must-see places?

5.) Which hotel or resort should we stay at on Sunday? We are looking for something really nice and near the airport (around 30 minutes ride or less and easily accessible) since our flight the next morning is very early.

We are willing to spend maximum of 2,000 per night for accommodation for the 3 of us.

6.) Can you recommend any affordable package or rent-a-car with driver to help us tour, particularly going to the nature spots? The city tour, we can probably do it ourselves, hehe.

These are my questions and I apologize for the long post. I just want this trip to be as memorable as can be.

Thank you in advance everyone for all the help you will give ^_^

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Welcome to DI,

no problem with a lot of questions, that's why there is the forum here, to answer those

November can be great, but also cloudy with rain. Looking out of my office, let's hope all water comes down now that you have a great weather.

Weather depending of course, with a driver you can cover a lot in a day. Twin Lakes, different waterfalls, ... more .. some can be a bit muddy at that time of the year.

I would not recommend Sea Forrest, it is a nice place to go there with family and kids for a day, but not as a resort. A new jewel to the south for a weekend is Villa Del Mar if you wanna stay in two different places, but as you won't be much in the rooms anyway, you might stay in one central place.

You can do all in the city by foot and trike, some places

For your budget you get a nice room in some good Hotels here, recommended, Hotel Palwa , Hotel Nicanor a bit closer to the airport: RM Guesthouse

Dumaguete Cars

Hope that helps already a bit

cheers

Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    tr4v3ll3r

tr4v3ll3r DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! thank you very, very much. Those are very helpful. Now I am more confident to make the most out of our vacation in Dumaguete. Thank you so much Rhoody. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.