Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa 21 days Visa for Foreign National

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by noemejane, Jul 1, 2012.

1. noemejane

noemejane DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone,

My boyfriend is coming this soon and will be staying for a total of 25 days from date of arrival. I understand that he is given 21 days by the immigration and since he will be staying 4 days more, I would like to ask your opinion whether it is best to apply for the visa before his trip or just apply for an extension when he arrive. Also, is it possible to just overstay for 4 days and just pay at the airport upon departure?

Hoping for your kind response. Comments, suggestions are well appreciated.

Thank you

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    None of those things is necessary. He does not need to get an extension or pay any fees. The 21 day visa is no longer issued. On arrival he will be given a 30 day tourist visa. Works out perfectly for you.

Roger

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Since when has this changed?
    On the website of Department of foreign affairs it is still 21 days:Visa Information

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I hope it has changed. As of 2 weeks ago when a friend came in she got 21 days.

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    According to several Embassy's with up-to-date information, you get 21 days upon arrival.
    The airline can refuse you boarding if you have no visa and stay longer than 21 days.
    You have 2 choises:
    -Get a visa in Embassy or Consulate before you fly to the Philippines.
    -Buy a trow-away ticket to the nearest (cheapest) international destination (within 21 days of arrival) and extend your visa in the Philippines.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    This supposedly went into effect just a few weeks ago. As yet I have not heard of anyone getting the 30 day visa waiver though...

Tourists Offered 30-Day Free Visa | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

Roger recently entered, did you get 30 days Roger?

Larry

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Was that not the same secretary who said that Dumaguete will have a third airline (Airphil express) with dayly flights between Manila and Dumaguete by the end of may 2012?

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I'm not sure that a tourism secretary has the authority to dictate to an airline that they must fly a specific route. If in doubt, evidently there is at least ONE Philippine embassy that knows of this change and has updated their website to reflect it;

Announcement on 30-day Visa-Free Entry | Embassy of the Philippines

Larry

9. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    The 21 day visa was replaced with the 30 day visa to bring the Philippines into line with other Asian countries.

I returned from the UK via Manila on 23rd May and my passport was stamped with a valid stay up to 23rd June. My passport is available to be inspected by any Doubting Thomas's.

10. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    In these sort of matters, I am duty bound to pass on accurate information. I wouldn't knowingly pass on duff information, and I most certainly would not put it into print on an open Forum unless I was absolutely sure of my facts.

I dare say that some Immigration Officers work on automatic pilot, and havn't programmed their brains to switch from 21 to 30, so checking your own passport to see that they have given the correct visa stay is adviseable.