Dumaguete Info Search

2g-3g cell internet in duma?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Tom2bad68, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am thinking about getting a Nexus one phone before we head to Duma. One of the reasons is it will do both tethered internet or it can act as a mobile wireless access point.

With that in mind it will do not good unless the internet service is available in Duma. Is anyone using 2g 0r 3g internet on their cell phone? If so are you using Globe or Smart? Thanks

2. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When i was on vacation last dec in dumaguete i tried my iphone 3gs and it was fine for me in dumaguete city area. At that time i was using my globe tattoo sim card. But when i was in sibulan area the signal was so slow. I have to say it was good but not very fast. But it was reasonable enough for me to browse the internet and get news updates anywhere. Remeber they are charging you by the hour not by downloads per mb.

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But i never tried tethering since iphone dont have it. Jailbroken iphone's have.

4. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    @ Kewl,

Tethering is available on Iphone 3G if your firmware is 3.0 and up... I occassional use my Iphone 3G for thethering. 3G speeds vary depending on location. I have no problem with 3G when I'm in Dumaguete, probably cause the house where we leave is near Globe's base stations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.