Dumaguete Info Search

2nd hand books/BookSale?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Gregory, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregory

Gregory DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My first post is a request for info. Are there any 2nd hand bookstores in Dumaguete? I like to read novels, thrillers/crime. The BookSale store on the bottom floor of SM Mall in Cebu City has many 2nd hand english language paperbacks. Is the a Booksale store in DC? Thanks...Gregory

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi Gregory,

welcome to Dumagueteinfo, several shops sell second hand books, Lee Plaza is one of them. sure not the size of SM one but OK
    If you are in Dumaguete and have a drink or two at Mikes Adventurediveshop, have a look at his book exchange-rack. bring one of yours, and take another, Not the biggest choice, but enough to spend a couple of weeks reading...

Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    Gregory

Gregory DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the welcome and the info. I'm on Bantayan Island right now but Dumaguete City is my next stop on my Looking For A Place to Live/Retire Tour.
    Gregory

4. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    there is a library in the mall becide the immigration office. mostly romance, some trillers from the eighties, a few sci-fi

5. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sh*t, I did hang out at mike and never paid attention to the book exchange and I am always game for a good book if I got the time.

6. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    And good luck on your quest

7. Marshall

Marshall DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Greg,
    Try Capital Bookstore just across the street from the Capital Building. Good selection of used paperback novels as well as textbooks, other non-fiction, etc. Average price for books you're interested in is P150.

8. Tom87

Tom87 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as far as I know...the National book store in Silliman avenue...or the silliman university has the bigest library in asia:D
    if that helps u :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.