Dumaguete Info Search

350k 2 bedroom houses in dauin?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by jmoranfun123, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jmoranfun123

jmoranfun123 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just saw a realestate add for 350 thousand dollar 2 bedroom homes in dauin....can they really get that much?
    seems like it is to high...also 350 dollar a month HOA dues...wow!!

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    There are suckers born every minute and a lot of them seem to end up here in Dumaguete..

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    That is why the onus to investigate before you buy is on you.

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Ocean front for $350,000 U.S. seems feasible if the small house is on a large piece of property, but if there are "association dues" that is highly unlikely.

5. andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I would have to think the lot size is going to have to be around half a hectare or more for that price including right of way... There isn't many houses and lots that are new builds in Dumaguete with that kind of price on 700 or 800 mtr. lots

6. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    sure that isn't 350K pesos? that would be almost reasonable.

7. andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    350k peso's isn't going to build you much of a house unless its got a concrete floor and the rest is native.. A fairly well build 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom hollow block house is going to cost at least and million and thats if you own the property..

8. RALPHHOGAN

RALPHHOGAN DI Member

Diver
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    I believe that the property being referred to is "The Plantation" which is the newest project from the very upscale Atmosphere Resort. Aside from being somewhat pricey, I have heard nothing negative about anything these people have done.

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    350,000 us$ is 15 milion Pesos.
    If the house cost.3 million and beach lot with road acces ( not right of way) is 5,000 m2 than this price is reasonable.

10. andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I just looked at them on a property site, Lots are 400 to 600 sq/meters. Houses are very open,sliding doors etc, lot cheaper than concrete. Swimming pool an extra $25,000 dollars isn't too bad..
    I figure house cost to builder is 2 million max, furniture say 300,000 property undeveloped at present 350 peso's a square meter max. Builders cost is say 3,200,000 peso's, triple it for a tidy profit and your up to 9,600,000 peso's....or around $229,000 dollars..add in $350 dollars a month for say 10 years and your up to $270,000 dollars.. That's still quite a ways from $350,000 dollars..Then read the fine print where it says lease hold and your lease is guaranteed to be renewed. You don't even own it..:p