Dumaguete Info Search

+6000 mile balloon flight Dumaguete to US

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by SurfinUSA, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    About a year and a half ago, I bought a foil helium balloon from someone selling them on the blvd. Then, I had a 8yo vendor who walks the boulevard selling peanuts and chicharon etc write her name and cell phone number on the balloon.

We sent it aloft about 8pm at night and watched it sail off towards Siquijor, gaining altitude as it disappeared into the night sky.

So I come back on April 3 of this year, and a few days later the young vendor runs up to me to say hello. I ask if anyone ever found her balloon, and she says, "Yes, a girl from the US found it and texted me 5x!"

Wow... :eek:

But of course I wonder if the girl was in the US or maybe visiting PI from the US. So I asked the little vendor to get me the finders number so I could contact her. I think she said the finders name was Cynthia.

Finally tonight I see her again and she says she has lost the girl's number-because her father sold her cell phone! :mad:

Nuts, that would have made a cool story if I could have confirmed the girl that found it was actually in the US.

So, I'm making a post here just in case the girl from the US who found it reads DI once in a while. If she now knows where the young peanut vendor lives, then she may come across DumagueteInfo sooner or later.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Cool indeed!

:wink: S.USA, stranger things have happened, Hope you can realise the wish to talk to her! In deed, a Cool Thing to happen :wink: keep us posted.

Jack P.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.