Dumaguete Info Search

A couple places/people to avoid..

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by SurfinUSA, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Algorithm Computers in Daro. They charged me P850 for what was essentially a FREE Panda Virus scan. Odd, prior to taking my laptop there, the owner and I were in communication about something for a few weeks, he stopped emailing, then I get an email with an attachment from him, but it addressed to an email addy other than MINE!

I actually replied but to it, I haven't heard from him in over 2 months.

I'm concerned about that because after getting my laptop back from them, I'm told I have the Taga Lipa Are virus/worm in my computer! I saw the words Taga Lipa Are at the top of my screen after getting my computer back, but didn't know what that was about until one of the hotel's staff happened to see my screen, pointed it out, and even removed the virus for me.

Ace Logic on Locsin only gets P150 to scan for virus, so how is a FREE scan from Panda worth P850???

Also there's a bald guy name John with a black station wagon type vehicle for hire hanging around in front of Bethel who's quirky. He was friendly at first, then slowly turned weird, and finally very profane and vulgar. My wife thinks he's on drugs.

Interestingly enough both John and the owner of Algorithm are members of Couple for Christ (CFC) in Dgte... Must be quite an organization eh?

Filipinos are often jealous of Westerners, and it pops thru sooner or later.

2. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Computer Store in Dumaguete

Ace Logic is definately the place to go for any computer issue, we are very happy with the service we get there.

Carlo knows what he is doing and he has a backroom full of techs to take care of stuff like this :smile:

3. kuting

kuting DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Its very hard for a Filipino to climb up the corporate ladder of success because Black, Latinos, Hindu’s and yellow races wont let them.

“Hell NO!!! I give the order, you all do the grunt work “said the Good Old Boy White Club Member.

So stay in your own backyard…If you cant dance the 2 step with them..

4. daphdew

daphdew DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats life!!!

5. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't think we have that virus here. However, we do have plenty of other viruses, that's for sure. I can't get this Trojan.Vundo.AY from coming back.

I downloaded an evaluation version of BitDefender Antivirus v10, which has a very good reputation. So far it seems to be detecting a lot of stuff.

6. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If I may Kuya....you may want to try this step. First, turn off your restore feature (go to run and type in restore, and in the first column you'll see where it says System Restore Settings...click on that...and another screen will come up and on that screen it will give you an option to turn off system restore...click that and close out), then after this is turned off, you can run BitDefender and then afterwards, reboot your computer. After all that, turn on your system restore feature again. That will fully remove your virus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.