Dumaguete Info Search

A few changes to the forum

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by shadow, Jul 29, 2014.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Some of you may notice a new order to things, and a new forum "hobbies and special interests". Some of my hobbies are music, cooking, and of course, my ongoing boat project. So, tell us about YOUR hobbies!

Hobbies and special interests

Larry

2. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Larry...great idea, personally I love fishing, gardening and woodworking; probably in that order. Been so busy with the house build, but talked to the wife again about getting away for a couple days and doing some fishing and spending a night or 2 in Mabinay.

Shawn

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Does "getting intoxicated" count as a hobby/special interest? :wink:

4. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Is there any good fishing going on in Mabinay...

5. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sure is!

Larry

6. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Okay, I will bite, what kind of fish?

7. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    It used to be a hobby..then some arse or maybe a group of wives.. decided it should be considered a vice..like cavortin' and gamblin'..*deep sigh*

are fishin', sports, speed lovers, and all such manor of spectator sports ( like pole dancin ) on the endangered list??.. hmm could be..could be

:dnr:

8. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Of all things, snakeheads!;

Snakehead (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Snakeheads are very aggressive and good fighters. They can also live on land for several days, and can bite through a leather boot. Not bad eating, either.

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Maybe it depends on your approach to "getting intoxicated"

I think it would depend on how you approach getting intoxicated. If you wake up in the morning and can not wait to get intoxicated then is probably a hobby like going fishing or watching pole dancing which can be done almost year round.
    However if you can not get out of bed because of you "getting intoxicated" for the purpose of female companionship enjoyment the night before then I think it may be a special interest (or event) reserved for a specific purpose and time. Like growing tomatoes in season. O-|

10. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    I think I heard Daves arguement before.. when guys suffer the hangover as if that makes up for all the stupid sh*t they did when they got drunk earlier. Though in my younger years there were guys that needed to *lower* their inhabitions to even ask a girl to dance..to that I suppose relaxation thru alcohol is common just dont stumble and fall over their table going over and throw up on them.. truely over the line..lol