Dumaguete Info Search

a foreign guy who dislike Philippines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by newbie27, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Can't see any problem there. He started by saying he had seen and experienced all the things that are good and wonderful. This vid just highlighted what he found wrong. There are plenty of other vids that show "20 reason why I love the PH." This only evens up the balance. Much of what he concentrated on has already been talked about as a minus by both foreigners and filipinos alike.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The discussion about that goes on since a few day.

"go home if you don't like it" is pretty much the tenor and honestly the most stupidest argument one can have. Does not show much intelligence of the person who is using it.

Tell me only one single of his reason where that guy is not correct !
    I can see each of his examples multiple times in Dumaguete daily

Who are you to judge him and tell him to leave.

Maybe he can't, as he has a contract. Maybe he is committed to a lady and takes care of the education of his kids that they end up a notch more environment aware and more open minded and responsible than all thosr street-pisser, garbage thrower and "if you don't like, leave"-sayer. Maybe they are not even his kids.

If you say he is wrong, you basically say at the same time it is OK to p*ss everywhere, throwing garbage everywhere, driving like morons etc...

What all local guys/girls don't like about that video is simply that they can not blame the government or corruption for that negative points.

He simply mentions stuff which are common sense and each individual could help to change, but that would require common sense at first and own action to show responsibility, which is of course not on anyones agenda...

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This guy does this all over the world,just check his utube vids,he is spot on with his comments on both vids about the phils,his likes and dislikes. Funny guy!

5. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    he's exceptionally accurate and hard to debate on the points....

6. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Lol Funny video... All I can say to the guy is there is no perfect place. So he better quit bitching about it and adapt to his environment. If all he does is complain about every little detail and comparing the situation to where he came from then probably the Philippines isn't the right place for him.

I can't blame the "go home if you don't like it" attitude either. After being under the Spanish, Americans and Japanese for so long most Filipinos are not too keen in outsiders meddling with internal matters, customs and traditions no matter if it's good or bad.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you are correct, "when in Rome, do like Romans"...

so I went for a motorbike-ride, no helmet, driving only on the left side, pressing the horn all the time and stopped a few times without any reason in the middle of the street. additional had a good 45 second wee at Cervantes, corner Colon ext., dropped a bag of garbage in front of Lee and did not forget to spit in each direction each 20 seconds ...

plenty of locals yelled at me at all occasions. So when I try to adapt the local attitude and adjust to the local traditions it is also not OK. please advice ...

cheers

Rhoody

PS: I recall that the OP complaint about some of the same points of the video by himself...

8. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    simple explanation... foreigners will always be second class in this country and are expected to follow the law, rules and regulations.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    in civilized countries that is expected in general from the population, no matter if local of foreigner...

however, second class in a 3rd class city of a 3rd world country sounds pretty good to me, doesn't it ? :smile:

10. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the guy has stated the bad points philippines have. those are ugly truth that we have to face. this issue is not just 20... there are more of them and fortunately this foreigner can see only 20 things. i am a local but these are the reality that we need to see and change. this criticism is often viewed as bad but for those people who want changes see this things as a challenge. dumaguete does not differ from other place in the philippines. but these are very easy things we can improve on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.