Dumaguete Info Search

A little quiet

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Ten Twenty Lenny, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Ok.... I will pop here .... seems a little quiet here the last few days...Merry Xmas to all....We will party tonight with a Bar B Q and drinks (A Lot hahahaha)...Hope everyone is in a good mood today and tonight...After 9 years here I am still happy to be here and hope all of you are too....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Glad to know you are still around. :smile:

I don't have any data to reference against forum activity from previous years.....but I suspect it has to do with the holidays and people on the move to visit family. Last weekend had a record amount of posts since we moved to the new software.....and there is always a huge drop-off the next couple days following a spike like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Good for you You trying hard and it shows have a good one

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    A few years ago we did discuss this issue, at the time the administration of DI had some data and it was found that the lead up to Christmas was always that Feel Good Time and Postings were many. New Threads were at their Highest at that time also, However, from the New Year Ante climax until around Easter we found that DI went very Quiet and ( I guess this should be looked out for) More hostile and Argumentative post were Flying about. I am sure that Pat and a few of the Elder Members JB and Jimeve will remember these times.:rolleyes:

Researching this on Google and such revealed that it is common in the Workplace and on Forums that people Can get snappy and are usually more Quiet than normal, In the period between New year and Easter.:oops:

Unfortunately for this Forum, It is the Time that the likes of PatO, Oz Tony and Myself + some others are not so Quiet Roger (Broadside) particularly, enjoyed Posting at this time as His sense of humour was without doubt, Very Sharp after an Ante Climax, ( he owned English Pubs for many years and could handle most if not all types of Situations, { Boy we miss this guy!} So we will still be around d to bug you all!:D

• Like Like x 4
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Actually, there are a lot of DI members who have been around longer than Jack and I who, for whatever reason, no longer post. I believe some (many) were turned off by prior administration and some moved to other forums. Hopefully they will come back and join us. Still, the newer members are contributing nicely and are relevant.
    Merry Christmas to all

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Personally I think the forum had about two more months of life left in it when Wyre (justin) took it over. Maybe everyone would not agree, but I think Justin has done a fine job of modernizing the forum and giving it an extended life. His technical expertise probably aids him in his administrative activities .For what every reason the negative posts have been reduced as well as the dog fights (maybe should be to referred to as cock fights here) making it a much safer forum to participate in. I believe, just my boang opinion, that the forum would not exist today without Justin's effort to breath healthy new life into the forum. We should try to spread the word to the most of the missing DI members that fell out of the forum during the chaotic times prior to Justin's administration. It would be nice to see Broadside back in particular.
    (you have my permission, as if you needed it, to start this as a new thread or move it to controversial. secton)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    For me Dave and I am sure others as well, I see no reason to move it, you have only said what we all think anyway So good on ya pal! :D

thumbs up1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year around the corner.

I also have to say "Go Cowboys".

Shawn and Cherry wishing the best always.

• Like Like x 4
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Merry Christmas Shawn to you and Cherry, but, GO SEAHAWKS

• Like Like x 1
  10. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The Seahawks will most likely get the #1 seed in the NFC and they have deserved it, they have a great team. What is going on in Dallas is special so we really need to see how this plays out...Cowboys over the Broncos in the SB 31-17.

I have always been a huge Peyton Manning fan, last year was interesting...we get it this time.

Merry Christmas to everyone and if the NFL is not your cup of tea, check it out.

Go Cowboys!

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014