Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor A reliable helper (Cleaning & Laundry)

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by AlwaysRt, Feb 12, 2016.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have an apartment over by Lord Byrons and would like to have someone sweep/mop floors, clean bathroom, and dust once a week or so. Also need a better option for laundry, the one I like is p20 a kilo and does a good job, one day service, but way down by Flamin Grill.

Any suggestions or referrals?

Steve

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Rye83, Feb 12, 2016 (5 points)
  3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    You are paying by the kilo? Is she too fat. Of course, fat chicks will always ask to be paid by the kilo. Nice trick.

Ask a local. Do you have a local for a land lord? Or ask someone at the Sari Sari stores in the area. Foreigners are probably not the right people to ask. If we find a good one, we'll hang on to the person. You need to know the neighborhood and the lingo. In the neighborhood is also a bonus because the person doesn't have to worry about fare to get to your place.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hahaha, I take my laundry to a laundry place now. I did ask the apartment people but they want p1,000 each time they send their cleaning person and I'm not paying p1,000 for an hour (or 2 hours if real slow).

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Best Answer
    I would either talk to the landlord or the barangay captain. They could surely point you in the right direction. No matter where you find one there is a chance their work ethic will be crap. If someone is recommended by someone in an authority position the helper might be pressured to do a slightly better job to prevent a loss of face.

Getting from the land lord out barangay captain will also give you a little more leverage in case things stay coming up missing.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Papa labas is not far from where you are,up top of lane amd to the right just past phils south offices on same side of the road.we used to use them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Looks like asking the landlord doesn't work. I'll tell you the insiders tip that does work, but other foreigners won't tell you. Find another foreigner who has a maid that you like, ask her how much she is making, then offer more if she comes to work for you. People will tell you "don't do that" but I freakin' guarantee you that if you find a good one someone will do that to you.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have two 'problems' with that. The only way to know that she is good is to be around enough to see what she does, implying she works for a friend. Not very likely I'm going to steal a friend's maid or anything else. Second, I am a clean and neat person so only need someone an hour or two a week, far from enough hours to be able to offer enough 'enticement'. Oh and third, I don't have the time for research. Need someone soon or.... :omg: I'm gonna have to buy a mop and use it myself!!! :protest:

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I prefer consistency in showing up and not stealing over having a good work ethic. If another foreigner is employing the helper, then you could probably assume that stealing isn't an issue. Being lazy, sleeping, and messing with the cell phone isn't an issue for me as long as the helper gets a short list of things done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    You may be better off asking a neighbours helper, if she wants a few extra hours a week. You may be surprised at the result.

Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was just thinking I shoulda asked if anyone had a helper I could borrow a couple hours a week. They get extra cash and I get my cleaning done.

Most the 'helpers' here are wives. Not sure I want to ask "Hey man, how much to use your wife a couple hours a week?" :yikes:

• Funny Funny x 4