Dumaguete Info Search

A sad tale of a 16 year old young man.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by expatron, Dec 2, 2012.

1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    My wife received a call from a close friend at 8am. this morning. Her 16 year old brother (who I have met) had just died.

A day or so ago he had a pain in his side and went to a quack doctor, who told him he had a bad spirit in his body. Then did the time old blla blaa blaa hokis pokis to remove the bad spirit and sent him home after receiving his fee.

Yesterday his condition worsened and was taken to the hospital, where it was found that he had a ruptured appendices and went into emergency surgery. After 5 bags of blood he expired.

A young life snuffed out because of what?
    I hope I never see the slogan, It's more fun in the Philippines again....

2. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sad , To happen in this day n age, R.I.P young man.

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    This is extremely sad and totally avoidable. These practices of mumbo jumbo, and the belief that some mortal could be granted special powers to heal, are primitive and archaic. But what is more questionable, and objectionable, is the complete inactivity of the Catholic church regarding such witchcraft rituals being practiced and tolerated. The silence of the church is deafening.

Complete waste of a young life. Sympathies to the family of your wifes' friend.

Roger

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe the church needs to keep its mouth shut as it takes part in such activities itself. They call it an exorcism. But, this isn't religions fault, this is what happens when you allow complete idiots become parents. More evidence that my idea that you should have an IQ test score higher than a mango tree to have kids is a good idea.