Dumaguete Info Search

A weird thing with a Good result ( when Shopping)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :facepalm: I am not a Great Shopper and when it all gets rushed I like it less but a Funny ( well peculiar really) thing Happened on Saturday Evening.( this was at Hypermart)
    Azon had taken the Wrong Handbag. We were Standing at the checkout and she was As usual talking to a friend and the Girl zapped the articles and the Boy was packing. Then Horror, she has no Purse.
    So it is Jack, Card Please. UH! UH! babe I gave it back to you this Morning when you went Polaris Remember? OH! Yeah I forgot. ( I had Borrowed my own card to buy her something as a surprise)
    So standing there with about 350 peso in my Pocket and Little in my Wallet Ashamed and Embarrassed is not the Word.

So Having all the Goods now gone through the Till we got a problem. The Girls said I will have to call the Supervisor to clear the Till so we can put the Stuff back.
    OK Up comes the Floor manager who as per chance is a quite close neighbour of ours and after a Chat with her and Azon ( about what I am not sure because nothing was Happening on the Till and the Queue was getting edgy. OK so another manager type appears with a pad. Sir? yes? Do you have your pass port? NO? why? well what I/D do you have. only my ACR card I say OK that's good as it has your Address on it. I asked what is going on? Well sir the Director asked if you were known to us and was told OH Yes! they are Regular Customers and known Personally by xxxxxxxx [ the other Supervisor] OK all done I sign for the 2.490 shopping and they Keep my Card ( which I got back when we Paid the account Yesterday) So off we go home with the Shopping to many Stares on the way Out. No Receipt of course but our copy of the debit slip. [ You know how the Guards like to Tick things.]

OK Folks, reason I am telling this although it is a little Embarrassing, is to illustrate that we, as Foreigners can get Help if really needed by Local Business. ( Being a Model Foreigner helps as well) Whilst sometimes we hear reports of the ACR card being useless here is an example of the need to have one. and Carry it.
    Of course, some would say don't let her have the ATM card at all then you will know where it is but That's they way we are. My card and I just Borrow when I need to. Usually it all works well. Every one has Hiccup days This was ours and it all turned out Good.:thumbsup:

Jack :wink:

• Like Like x 11
  2. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+

This act of kindness warms my heart! I am glad to read there are everyday people out there who can still do a good deed when a person is in a pinch.

Pay it forward....

V/R,
    nwlivewire

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have had that happened several times here in Valencia at the smaller stores/market to my gf and myself: forget my wallet or didn't have enough cash to pay for what I asked for, they tell me to pay the remaining balance next time I come through.

• Like Like x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Good feeling though to Trusted. Yes? :thumbsup: Life is not all bad here:wink:

Jack :whistling:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    GREAT SOUND ADVICE!! STAY LEGAL AND BE FRIENDLY !! YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW MANY ARE NONE OF THE ABOVE HERE!! WE NEVER HAVE TROUBLE BECAUSE WE LOVE THEM!!

6. Peter

Peter DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 9
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I was in the small store that sells beer in Valencia and i gave the man Michale a PHP1000 instead of Php100
    He gave it back as he realized i had made a mistake it would not happen here in Australia you make a mistake you pay for it
    I have only met nice people in ph maybe it has some thing to do with attitude and i have been going to Dumaguete for ten years

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1