Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard ACR card change of address - Do at BOI in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by GBorba, Nov 11, 2016.

1. GBorba

GBorba DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just got my ACR card at Cebu BOI. Ceres bus to Cebu was long but OK (left at 0315) but return ride was a venture in "it's more fun in the Philippines!"

As a 13a holder had to do the ACR card within 7 days of arriving in the Philippines and used my wife's cousin's address as we had no address at the time.

Can one do the change of address at the Dumaguete BOI or will I have to go to another office. If the answer to doing it at Dumaguete BOI does anyone know if it can be done at the Tagbilaran BOI as we can use the trip to visit Bohol and see the sights.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gary

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think you will find all 13a holders can only be dealt with in Cebu or Manila except for the annual report.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    GBorba

GBorba DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for the information. Guess I need to make another trip to CC soon and consider this (trips to BOI Cebu when changing address and returning for new card) a part of the cost of living in the Philippines.

4. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    The change of address is not an easy task. The requirements are posted on the BOI website. I fail to understand why they insist on making the process so difficult but it is and requires proof of address change documents from Landlord and Brgy Capitan. I personally chose not to do it when we moved.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I know someone who has just done the change of address and it is a pain in the arse,he said you only get 24 hrs so make sure everything is dated correctly otherwise they will fine you.

6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    The BI in Cebu might forward your new ACRI card to Dumaguete when it is ready.
    BI in Manila sent my card to Dumagute for me to pickup when I got my 13a.
    Doesn't hurt to ask.

• Agree Agree x 1