Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard ACR card vs valid passport

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by mokum, Jul 26, 2016.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    I'm wondering or a holder of an acr card with "permanent status" needs to have a valid passport during his stay in the PH. I mean if your acr card is valid up to say 2020, your passport expires in 2017 and you have no intention of leaving the Ph, is there then an obligation to renew your passport before 2020 when you need a valid one to apply for a new acr card. I can not find any info on this on the BO site.

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They will not renew your annual report if you don't have a valid up to date passport.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    How do you know Dave? Experience or did you hear/read about this? I thought that the annual report is to verify that you're living on the same address and maybe, being still in the country.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Same with the tourist visa,they will not renew without valid passport. And yes I asked. There is no no leaway with these people.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    This seems insane to me. Why would you not keep your passport up to date in a foreign country? That's your ticket to a fast exit, freedom and options. If the **** hits the fan, I would want that thing ready. Much better to renew in good times than to be scrambling if things go bad. And of course, it's a requirement as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Depends. I for example with 30+ years in the Ph had never had the need for " a fast exit, freedom and options. " And , that is what I'm wondering about, where is it written down as a requirement?

7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I guess this is just difference in outlook. I would keep a valid passport even while living long term in my home country

I doubt you're going to find many people who have tried to push this. There has to be a first. Maybe that person could be you. Give it a try and report back. :wink:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/image...enRegistration/2. CDR ACR I-Card Issuance.pdf

This...

Photocopy of passport bio-page and passport pages bearing valid visa implementation and latest admission with authorized stay; ​

And this...

The original valid passport of the applicant must be presented to the concerned frontline officer for identification purposes. Thereafter, it shall be returned. ​

If you have to take the photocopy, maybe you could digitally blur out the expiration date? Maybe nobody notices that it's expired in this process?

8. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    When countries like the USA refuse to renew your passport (for examples like unpaid taxes or child support) they count on 'friendly countries' like the Philippines to deport you.

9. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks to you all for the input. I'm not trying to stay in the country with a invalid passport if that's not allowed. The case is : for a Dutch passport renewal you have to go in person to the embassy in Manila . But, sometime they have an outreach in Cebu although no-one knows when. I hate to go to any of this places but Cebu is the least worse. So, if it is legal for "visa by marriage 13A card holders " to remain here with an invalid passport ( until renewal of the ARC ) than I can wait it out until there's a consultation in Cebu. If not I have to to Man-ill-a. And Dude, I pressed the <visa by marriage> button under Visa's on the BI site but nothing shows so no concrete answer there too.

10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know it is illogical to try using logic here, but I can't help it. So, think of it this way, why would the Philippines require (like many other countries) 6 months validity left on your passport when you enter the country if they don't care if you passport expires once you enter? I would suggest always having a current valid passport. Don't think I would implement the saying, better to ask forgiveness than permission, as the worst case scenario here is being deported and blacklisted.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1