Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Acr i-card

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by rodsroom, Jul 16, 2010.

1. rodsroom

rodsroom DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone bring me up to date on The ACR I-CARD??

What I have read so far is a bit scary. Have they made any improvements on the process time.

Also, I am told that I can upgrade by Visa upon arrival in Cebu, is this correct, and has anyone actually done it?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082

:confused: Providing you have a 13a Non Quota visa you can upgrade at point of entry to PI within the year of issue,:cool:

Jack P. :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    rodsroom

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not sure what a 13a Non Quota visa is, maybe you could tell me more. I was there in March for 21 days.

Now I plan to move permanently. I know that I have to exstend my visa, then leave the country and start all over again.

Maybe you could tell more about this process, frankly from what I have read about the ACRI card, it really doe's not pertain to me.

Rod:smile:

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    The 13A is only available to the spouse of a Filipino citizen, I do not believe it applies to you presently but may be a possibility in the future. Unless you are getting married you will have to keep having your visa renewed. I believe the ACR card does apply to you and something you will surely have to acquire.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    not sure what you mean with upgrade ...

if you are in the PI as a tourist and plan to stay longer than 59 days (when waiver ends) you need to apply for a ACR-I Card at the BOI. processing time 2 weeks

6. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    I got a 13a ACR-I card last week.
    It took a long bl**dy time too, not to mention some graft & corruption, a lot of buggering about, a fair amount of travel, lots of waiting, a great deal of patience and a stunning introduction to the bunch of low-lifers who inhabit the BOI, Cebu.
    Good luck mate.:D

7. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    13a ACR Card

I became a permanent resident of Philippines in January of 2010 in Cebu. My second trip to Cebu was to apply for my 13a ACR -Card in February. All went well and they asked me to call back when the election was over. I did call them in June but no card yet.
    I picked up my card in August with out any problem. Cost was a round P10.000 plus the trips. Had no problem with BOI and all were very friendly and helpful. I'd rather visit Philippines BOI than USA Homeland Security (former US Immigration). In 1994 I received my US citizenship papers 2.5 years after approval. And it cost a ton of dollars.
    Philippines BOI is ok...no complaints here.
    Note: Did hear that BOI have agents out there looking for the illegals (non paying longterm foreigners) in Visayas.... Dumaguete is in Visayas as far as I know.....Better be careful, maybe one day they need to leave Philippines. OOPS....Big Stop Sign!

8. OP
    OP
    rodsroom

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MalmoMan,

Thank you very much for the information, you are the first person to give me some positive info that could understand.

Do you think it will take as long to get the card now that the elections are over.

Planning my visit again (Was there in March for 21 days) for 60 days and would hope to have the card before I leave and return in the Spring of 2011, which will be a permanet move.

Thanks again, Rod

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I agree with the above poster, As bad as BOI Philippines is, I'd much rather deal with them than the US Homeland Security (Sieg Heil) or TSA.
    They're out of control.

10. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Rod.
    There are 2 kinds of ACR cards...One of them is for visitors staying longer than 59 days. It is like an ID Card to be used after the initial 59 days expires. Required by Philippine law.

The other one is for people married to a Philippine resident. It is called 13a Visa ACR Card, probationary, and is good for 12 months. After 12 months you can apply for your Permanent 13a visa ACR Card. Husband and wife must show up in person for approval. In other words proof of that they still are married. The Permanent Visa is good for 10 years. I hope I will live that long.....LOL
    Good Luck!

Follow BOI instructions on their website...make out all forms and make many many copies, which is needed in Cebu! This if you are married.
    If not married and only 60 days or more stay, you can apply in Dumaguete BOI or any other BOI. Waiting time maybe 2 - 3 weeks.