Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard ACR-I update

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by ronv8917, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Rhoody, I hope this has not been posted by anyone yet. If it is a repeat, please excuse me.
    I saved, and re-read, the last thread on the ACR-I card.
    In that thread, it told of having to photocopy forms to fill out and suppling 3 passport photos, etc. etc.
    Two months ago, when I renewed my visa, they charged me for the ACR-I card, but said nothing about it, or filling out forms or photos. They never mentioned any of those things. They just charged me the fee for the card.
    I do have the new USA issued electronic passport that is about one year old.
    Today, I went to extend my visa again, and they handed me my new ACR-I card. The picture is the same as my passport photo.
    I'm guessing that they took all of the info and digital photo off of the passport, without any addition paperwork or photos needed.
    So, the Philippines is now up to date in the electronic/digital age.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    great info thanks :smile:
    it seems your BoI is some steps in front of the Duma Branch :(

I still wonder why you go for a tourist visa, I thought you are married, there should be better options.

3. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Now that I am legally extended, we have to go to NSO and get a copy of our marriage certificate, then back to Immigration to start the process for a spousal visa.
    But, I was told that during that process, I have to keep my visa up to date with extensions as normal.
    Next Tuesday or Wednesday, we will go to NSO about 2am and stand in line for the marriage certificate. If you don't get there before 3am, you can't get it that day. Lucky for me, there is an all-night Dunkin Donuts in the same center as the NSO.
    And my Immigration office was the one in CDO.
    (and on a funny note....as per your idea, I printed out the list of fees to take with me)

4. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The only hitch in this whole deal was that the two ladies that work there never said a word about the ACR-I card to me 2 months ago. Never mentioned it in any way, shape or form, they just added it to the amount that I paid.
    Again, today, the two ladies never mentioned it to me. It was some man in a Immigration Services shirt that came over to me and asked if I had the card. I replied that I paid for it two months ago, and he went and got a special book, with the cards in it and found mine, handed it to me, and had me sign for it. And, there were a lot of signatures before mine. So they are issuing a bunch of the cards there.
    Had he not been there, I wonder if I would have received it at all.

5. crazy2004

crazy2004 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello
    im going to try get mine from manila on the way to dumagete:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.