Dumaguete Info Search

Address help needed

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jon&Jenny, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Jon&Jenny

Jon&Jenny DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hi! I have been reading the posts here for a while as I prepare to move to Valencia. This is my first time to create a thread. I am in the USA, Utah, and I need an address in Valencia or Dumaguete.

I am trying to get everything set up so that I have done as much as possible before I actually arrive in the Philippines. One thing is a SRRV and it requires an local address. What is the best way to get a local address? I don't think a PO Box will work. It needs to be a physical address were I could receive mail. Once I arrive then I would change the address to a house I would rent/buy.

I retire in about 8 months and I plan to come for 3 weeks in a couple of months but it would be great if I could have the SRRV finished by then.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    When you come in a couple months rent an apartment. Ask your landlord for the address. If they require an address this is about all you can (legally) do.

Things take longer in the Philippines. Don't expect anything to be done in a timely manner and don't try to rush anything. It will only cause problems and additional stress for you. You will be retired soon, you have nothing but time. No rush to get anything done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    Some members of this Forum are very well placed to advise you on obtaining an SRRV - my limited experience is e-mail contact with an agent here in the Philippines whilst I was still abroad and being told all the processing could be done before my arrival with just a visit to a PRA office in Manila upon arrival.

But take @Rye83 advice and take your time - most organisations here are staffed by people with contradictory requirements, a love of bureaucracy, not well educated and a desire to make life difficult for foreigners as they want the money from them but not the wise input (which they term 'interference').

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Jon&Jenny

Jon&Jenny DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Laceman

Laceman DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I arrived in December and completed my application for SRRV December 19. I received my passport , SRRV, and ID a couple of days ago. I also agree that it's best to just wait until you get here. Some agents charge you an extra fee to process your application and some don't. Careful who you choose. My agent cost me nothing. Will answer any questions about my process that you may have.

• Like Like x 2