Dumaguete Info Search

Adopting Your Asawa's Kids

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Rodneyemr, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Who has experience they would like to share about Adopting your Asawa's Kid(s)? I will be doing this soon and would appreciate any advice on what to do, and especially what not to do. I would also appreciate a referral to a good attorney who specializes in this. Thanks.

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I tried to do this around 25 yrs ago and it won't happen as long as your wife is still a Filipino Citizen.. I had a pretty good attorney at the time.. now Cong. George Arnaiz.. I doubt if the rules have changed and if they have it is probably more complicated than before. I could be wrong but i have never heard of a foreigner being able to do it..

3. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There's a guy doing that right now. He's at McDonald's every morning-though he's out of the country for a while presently. I haven't heard him talk much about it though. I'll PM you his email address.

4. OP
    OP
    Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I sent him an email, so I hope to get some feedback. I will post (generically-to protect the innocent) any tips I learn, so others can follow.

5. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If hasn't replied yet, just come up to McDonalds around 9am and ask the group of foreigners about what you want to do. There are more than one who are adopting

7. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Instead of going to the embassy of "Mickey D" why don't you go to the DSWD office directly and get it straight from the horses mouth instead of paying a lawyer a bunch of money and waiting for a year or so to find out it can't be done..

• Like Like x 1