Dumaguete Info Search

Airlines and your rights

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Show Pony, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Airline passengers now have some fairly decent rights
    Here's a small excerpt from the list;

Check-in, boarding

Passengers are also entitled to rights as early as the check-in process.

This includes not being considered late or a no-show and allowed check-in if the passenger is within the air carrier’s cordoned or other designated check-in area at least an hour before the estimated time of departure of within the prescribed time set by the air carrier.

Flight delayed? Here are your rights as a passenger | ABS-CBN News

The "late/no show" rule could be very helpful to know when you get stuck in a mile long lineup at the airline counter in Manila

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I saw this Yesterday and sat and thought Yeah right, when did the PI ever stick to rules like this. ( Anyone had problem with a new car warranty?)
    With the amount of Foo Foos and late departs, This will cost a Fortune, Hah! I can see many problems arising.
    Just as a One off, the Morning Flight to Dumaguete from Manila is no food service Yes? So if there is no Food on Board, How are they going to tackle the tarmac
    Part of this issue?

JP :sneaky:

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's an hour flight, why would they serve food? I have never had a problem with the airlines trying to screw me over. If they did I would demand that these rules be followed. I don't think it would be much of a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Then once again they need to think before they print these things, Where it says a Tarmac wait of 2+ hours, Food will be served. Now why not put a disclosure in, International flights only then it would stop people like me Nit picking. Yes we know that we would think of theses things but there are people less educated than us that see it as OH, it says it so we must have it.

Just saying :whistling:

JP:biggrin:

5. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have had guests arriving without their luggage, which has been loaded on a later flight. They are entitled to 2000p per 24hours for not getting their luggage. They have paid every time, after referring to the bill of rights. They try all things, but you just calmly tell them, No, we stick to the rules in the bill of rights. We flew into Manila once, with a connecting flight to Cebu. Baggages delayed. They wanted to give US$ 100 as compensation, and I just calmly declined and said it's 2000p per 24 hours period, per person (4 of us) and it start ticking now.
    For a guest they sent his bag with Shabu Pathetic Cargo, and it arrived 6 days later (as Eden is 4 hour drive from the airport, it wasn't on top of their list to drive down there). Then I also calmly explained they can take the time they need, but it's 2000p per 24 hour period.
    Lots of murmuring, but, they do pay.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I misread your comment (and the rules). They would have to feed you if you were stuck on the tarmac.....but do they say with what? Giving you 2 bags of peanuts and some sweets would be considered food yes? :wink:

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    And the peanuts would probably be in the bag and not on a plate :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3