Dumaguete Info Search

Airport taxes at NAIA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by cbindenver, Mar 17, 2012.

1. cbindenver

cbindenver DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys what are the fee or taxes for a Filipina leaving the Philippines at NAIA airport...I know there is a P750 tax but I think there is more. Does anybody know for sure.

Thanks
    Carl

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    10 days ago the terminal fee was still 550 pesos (will be 750 pesos again in the future).
    For Filippino's and permanent aliens there is also a traveltax of 1,620 pesos.
    And i think there is also another tax to be paid but this is not so clear to me.

3. Mukmun

Mukmun DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For Filipinos it is a fixed amount of 1,620 pesos as firefly says. Just a small addition to his post, for children under 12 years old it is 1,250 pesos.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    small addition, for tourists staying longer than 6 month it is also 1,620 peso (if it has not changed since 2011)

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Rules in the Philippines are changing constantly if not fabricated on the spot.
    As far as i know, traveltax for tourists has to be paid if they stay longer than 1 year.
    Balickbayans who stay less than 1 year don't pay traveltax.
    There are a lot of exemptions on traveltax for Filipinos, in this case they pay a processing fee of 200 pesos.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    yeah, one shouldn't be surprised to get total different numbers and the quote "that changed the other week"

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The Philippines is also the only country that i know that scans checked luggage before check in.
    And the way it is "organised" in Dumaguete is part of the campaign "It's more fun in the Philippines" i guess.

PS/ After 9-11 many country's where checking luggage before check in.

8. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think that you will find that Most luggage is automatically scanned on the scales at check in & after it disappears through the rubber doors on the conveyor belt. { this is the case at Heathrow, Gatwick etc...}