Dumaguete Info Search

Airport Taxi

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by sntmig, Oct 11, 2015.

1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    I need to pick-up a friend at the Dumaguete airport..Will need a taxi as he has large suitcase and dive gear.... bus/easy-ride would not work very well.. any one know the approximate cost from Airport to Dauin ?? Thanks,Miguel

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've only used the airport taxi once. They wouldn't go up to Valencia for anything less than P400. I imagine Dauin would be P800 or more. Complete rip off but the trike mafia at the airport will try to charge you the same prices as the taxi scam artists. Personally, I'd rather ask a friend with a car to help out than give any of those crooks at the airport one centavo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    150 PHP from airport to anywhere inside Dumaguete and this in year 2009. Quite a rip off. :arghh::banghead2: The Ceres Liner bus from Dumaguete South Terminal to Tayasan (about 100 km) is cheaper (about PHP 100) than this. I'm wondering how much they ask now today for such rides?

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    It would cost more than that to leave your own car parked at the airport. You could call a friend an impose on his generosity but how many times can you do that before that friend is "busy" when you call? Then there are the tricycles who charge more than is "fare" when they pick you up at the airport.

When I am being a cheap charlie and don't have too much luggage I walk out the gate to the highway and get a tricycle for regular prices. But if I wanted comfort and convenience I would have no problem paying the airport taxi fees. Its always up to you.

5. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just organise special trip with one of your local jeepney drivers nearest your terminal , they will jump at the chance that will set you back about 400 if you can negotiate .......( say magkahangyo ba ako)

6. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    WOW. PHP 400 for a short ride from airport to a hotel in Dumaguete is even becoming more expensive than taxis in Manila. :vomit:

7. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    he is going to dauin ..............

8. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    But even that is quite a lot.

9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I thought it was reasonable! Would you do the airport to dauin and back for p400? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't with traffic like it is now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Totally P400 for Dumaguete Airport to Dauin and return looks quite different. P 200 for one way seems acceptable. Especially if in that ride are several persons included.