Dumaguete Info Search

AK-47 wielding grandma takes on LA gang members (Crips)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Turbota, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    This story does my heart good! :happy:

This is one 79 year old grandma that isn't scared to get inbetween a little gunfight between the police and a bunch of drug dealin' street thugs:

Grandmother with AK-47 Saves Cops Being Attacked by Street Gang!

[​IMG]

Los Angeles| Officers of the LAPD received some totally unexpected backup yesterday, during a fire fight with local gang members in the Watts neighbourhood, as an elderly lady with an assault rifle showed up and scared the criminals away.

Officers Ricardo Cordova and Frank Cho were responding to a call concerning a presumed drug deal in a parking lot, when they came under fire from members of a local street gang. The policemen rapidly found themselves in a perilous situation, being inferior to their attackers in both numbers and firepower.

Fortunately for them, 79-year old Wendy Robinson was watching the events from her kitchen window and decided to intervene. The elderly woman equipped herself with her personal bulletproof vest and an AK-47 assault rifle, and ran to the officers’ rescue, firing more than 160 rounds in the direction of the assailants, injuring two of them.

“There was ten of twelve of these scumbags, firing with Uzis and shotguns at these two poor officers who had only pistols, so I really had to do something,” she says. “I got my vest and gun, a few extra clips of ammo, and I went out the house. As soon as I began shooting at them, the look on these thugs’ face changed and they began to run for their lives. The policemen also seemed really surprised to see me, but they were definitely relieved when they saw I was there to help them.”

Two of the assailants were injured and were arrested on the site. They were transported to the Martin Luther King community hospital. Their state is considered serious, but doctors don’t fear for their lives.

Grandmother with AK-47 saves cops being attacked by street gang World News Daily Report

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Love it! Go get 'em Granny!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That "bullet proof vest" (no such thing) looks more like a 'Nam flak jacket. At her age, if she got hit (even with proper protective gear) she would probably die. Good on her throwing some lead at the gang bangers though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. pinagpala kano

pinagpala kano DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 21
    Blood Type:
    O+
    hehe....tough lady...give em hell granny!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hope the LAPD doesn't charge her with any violations of law....

nwlivewire

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Woman saves your lives then you prosecute her for having the weapon that allowed her to do so? The police have enough problems in the PR department these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Amen to that!

8. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For sure!

Unfortunately, some cops are not the sharpest knives in the drawer and can be prone to charge over the damnedest things, and it would be pressed by those lives not directly impacted from her actions.

I hope no charges were filed....

upload_2015-10-14_8-15-30.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2