Dumaguete Info Search

Alcoholics Anonymous in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Marky, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello Everybody,

I just wanted to post a link to the AA Philippines website:

AAPhilippines : AA Philippines

There are no dues of fees for AA membership. The fellowship is open to anybody that has the desire to stop drinking.

And we do have groups in Dumaguete and Valencia.

Cheers,

Mark C

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Excuse me Marky , but if you are a member of AA , then what about your closing line : CHEERS ???? hahaha
    Old habbits never die , they are simply wasted away with a glass of beer
    Joke Lang !
    I myself was drinking a lot some 1 liters of wodka and 3 bottles of wine every day . Now I enjoy looking at the wine label much more.. I stopped drinking and so did my wife ( she was even worste) as we found the love of God Almighty. I do believe one can get saved from all nasty things and bad habbits by pray. Perhaps I should join your group to assist in that way? I would love to help people to stay away from it all. Complete families are teared apart and people thrown out of their houses becoz they cannot pay their bills anymore. Just let me know whether I would be welcome or not to give my testamony .We will be permanent in Duma staring April . Greets ! ( sounds better theh Cheers , Earl

The picture is of me at a prayline in Cavite ,thust me IT WORKS .The Lady stopped drinking and never touched the bottle again !

Attached Files:

3. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You speak the truth, earl. I know a guy who struggled with alcoholism for years and years. Not sure how his wife and kids hung in there, but he nearly destroyed them as well as himself. He was about as low as he could go.

I was at a Christian men's retreat when he told the story of how he was saved from it all. Not a dry eye in the whole place when he was done.

Maybe this was, and still is, one of your empowering verses, earl:

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16)

:smile:

4. vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AMEN earl
    I can testify as to how miracilious God is, He is just wating for people to open there heart to him and let him consume them , He will change there lives forever if people will give up there past they will discover a beautiful life in Jesus

5. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    First believe me guys , when I tell you that I had a extreme "rich " life in the Netherlands where I come from , and more abuse of substance , alcohol and women in a month , them other people in their entire life. God can save already by just having YOU say his Name ! I will be able to tell you about personal "miracles " that He alone brought to my life.
    I do however NEVER use the word "miracle "as a micrable according to the dictionary meens .. "that what cannot be explaned " Well trust everything can be explaned as it is the work of GOD Almighty that does it all.
    All the people say , AMEN !!
    I would love to hold service in Duma aswell .I did in Cavite and in the Netheralnds.. I lay my trust in the LOrd if it will come to that.

As you see Earl has many faces.,but this is the one I personaly like the best .
    Praise the Lord ,

Your Brother Earl

6. OP
    OP
    Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    All well and good Brother Earl. Its good to hear of others successes in dealing with the disease of Alcoholism. and although there are many members in our fellowship that do attend a church of their choice, Alcoholics Anonymous is not affiliated with any religion and is not a religious organization.

7. Goth

Goth DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AA dgte

hello Marky!
    Can you please write down more details of AA dgte.

8. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    If one drinks alcohol to the extreme ,that’s where the problem is.Anything in moderation is fine. Some cultures like in countries along the mediteranean region regard alcohol as something of cultural significance in their diet.Drinking red wine for instance is good for the health if put in moderation, just only a tiny glass or two of of red wine a day isn’t bad.Red wine is rich source of biologically active phytochemicals from plants partularly polyphenols like for catechins and resveratol which from many studies done have active anti-cancer properties. These compounds were also known to have cardio protective effects.

Yes, if one drinks too much alcohol and make it unstoppable habit ,it causes health problems.People who drink to the exteme can cause social problems,because behaviourwise they're less inhibited at the point under influence of strong alcohol,it causes death ,accidents etc.But also many people drink wine with meals ,only in moderation ,does that make them like from the heathen? I can’t understand why various evangelical denominations abhor to the practice of drinking alcohol,as far as I am aware of .If they put their own interpretation from the Bible that of plane guilt from drinking any alcohol , normally followers shun from it. Because everyone wants to be righteous and clean in their regard about themselves in the eyes of God.I think sometimes ones belief should be put into perspective plus common sense of what is good and right .

I am a red wine drinker ,just a tiny glass of red wine a day or two .Sometimes when I can’t sleep I do mix fruit juice with tiny drop of vodka and that well do for me.Also in social occasions I do, and not any in extreme .I have strong Christian beliefs and I don’t feel any guilt with what I’m doing,because I don’t think I made something wrong . Does that make one an evil down for hell only because this person drunk a glass of red wine for a good purpose ? What makes a person feel so bad is having guilt feelings inside created by man himself . My belief is we are only put righteous in the eyes of God through Christ being only forgiven.And why strive to be absolutely righteous in ways that only seem to be from purely man’s interpretation of ‘don’t do this,don’t do that ’ kind of thing . If I am in doubt I pray about it and will stay clear from it . So far I haven’t had any inner conviction that I should. Neither I feel like I am any misguided being.

9. OP
    OP
    Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sure Goth,

I recommend coming up to Valencia on Wednesday nights at 6:30 pm, we have a pretty big group of foreigners from all over the world. Its a real good meeting and its the one I attend.
    We meet at the Catholic Cathedrals meeting room. Thats the big church by the park here in Valencia.

In Dumaguete theres also a meeting on Thursday nights at the conference room of Dumaguete's central cathedral. That one starts at 6:30 pm also.

AA is a good program, it worked for me just like they claimed it would.:D

Dumaguete Central Cathedral (conference room) 1830 Thursdays

Valencia Cathedral (conference room) 1830 Wednesdays

10. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    THIS ONE IS FOR PICKLED NEWT :
    May I remind you that the translation of the bible went wrong in many parts like that Eve was created out of a RIb while it should be a LUNG. Also the Lord Jesus drunk YOUNG WINE , not wine as we know it. Young Wine is BEFORE it ferments and thus contains NO ALCOHOL . It is sad to see that , although I am very much most of the time "with you " Pickled Newt , we cannot see eye to eye on this fragile topic in one single moment It is a non issue to proclaim that wine is GOOD . ANY Cariologist will tell you to stay AWAY from it Especialy for those with cardio vasculaire deseases and /or Diabetes Mellitus . Red Wine contains beside the mention substances also Trypophane and likely that is what must people adore the most as it will make you feel happy and it is a trigger for the release of serotonine in the Synapsis As we all know ,or should know Serotonine is a major Neurotransmitter.. I guess that on this topic we will have endless and senseless discussion over and over as everybody has his or hers own pivate opinion., Well let me tell you that I am very happy and filled with joy in my heart that I come to know so many more people nowadays can find the strenght to stay away from it all and laugh Baccus in the face . As you say , which is for your own personal title indeed , one or two wines won,t kill me. That is correct . So ,will kids of 11 years tell you that one or two "little " joints with weed will make them more happy or perhaps some sjabu or Coke ?? Just a litle won,t hurt right ??
    I wonder whether you can find within yourself the reason way you cannot sleep .. Perhaps that will bring the ultimate solution . For us , that is my wife Anna and me , just a short period of reading the Bibble and a nights pray is more then enough to fall peacefully in sleep , without the need of intoxicating substance. I am pretty sure you will be offended by my open and forward opinion on this topic , but some others just might wish to share my opinion as well. Needless to say that you will never ever be able to convince me about the good of it all . All I can make out of your post is a whole load of flimsy excuses . Beside that ,I do believe you use the name of God Almighty in many different and shameless ways but ALL in favor of your own acting and thinking.If you feel the need to answer to my post go ahead , whatever you write ... fine..