Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question ''Amendment to Permanent Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by Marriage question

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by kelpguy, Sep 21, 2016.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    we're preparing to do the last hoop for the 13A visa; ''Amendment to Permanent Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by Marriage,'' and need some advice about the following:

can the ''Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner'' simply read as below or does it have to be a formal, lawyer written document? last time we got a lawyer written document for BOI manila , BOI turned it down and we wrote our own as below but.... ya never know.

I, Rin Tin Tin (applicant), 99 y.o. and a citizen of the World and Alice in wonderland (petitioner), 19 y.o. and a resident Filipino, wish to apply for an Amendment to Permanent Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by Marriage.

We are married to each other and residents of Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, Philippines. 6200

Rin Tin Tin - applicant

Alice in Wonderland, - petitioner

=======================================

and how about the ''Joint Affidavit of Continuous Cohabitation''

We, Rin Tin Tin (applicant), 99y.o. and a citizen of the World and Alice in wonderland (petitioner), 19 y.o. and a resident Filipino, have been living together in Negros Oriental, Philippines under the same roof, continuously without any interruption since December, 1919.

Rin Tin Tin - applicant

Alice in Wonderland, - petitioner

thanks guys (and gals)

2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I hope the Wizard of OZ accepts it. Maybe Glinda the Good can put in a word for you?

3. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    I thought the letter had to be notarized. There is a Lawyer across the street from the mall in Cebu where the BOI is located. That guy did it for us in a few minutes for 400. Php. That was last year.
    I completed my 13A in Cebu BOI.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    to answer my own questions in post #1;

we went to the BOI Duma office and got the following sample letter for the number 1 requirement in the list below for getting the amendment from provisionary to permanent non-quota immigrant visa by marriage.

no notarization is required.

====== sample letter ========
    current date

To the Commissioner
    Bureau of Immigration

Dear Sir,

I, John Doe, (applicant), 65 y.o. and a citizen of Australia and Jane Doe, (petitioner), 25y.o. and a resident Filipino, would like to apply for the amendment from provisionary to permanent non-quota immigrant visa by marriage.

We have been married since September 2012 and we both are residents of Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, Philippines. 6200

Attached are the following documents;

1. Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse.
    2 - Duly accomplished CGAF-001-Rev 1.
    3 - Joint affidavit of continuous cohabitation of applicant and the petitioning spouse.
    4 - Photocopy of passport bio-page, visa implementation page and latest admission with valid authorized stay.
    5 - Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.
    6 - BI Clearance Certificate.
    7 - Original or certified true copy of Bureau of Quarantine Medical Clearance

Respectfully yours,

John Doe - applicant

Jane Doe - petitioner

======= affidavit =========================
    for the #3 requirement;
    we were told the affidavit, #3 in the list above, needs to be done by an attorney who will sign it.

as usual, your mileage may vary...

• Like Like x 1
  5. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    The Affidavit is the document I was thinking of that needs to be notarized by an Atty.