Dumaguete Info Search

American national found burned in car Cebu

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Mar 18, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Firefighters found the body American national after putting out the flames that engulfed a vehicle in Sitio Lower Busay in Barangay Busay, Cebu City Thursday afternoon.

Busay Barangay Councilor Eliodoro “Yody” Sanchez confirmed that Timothy Wilson, who lived in Toledo City, was the man found inside the vehicle.

Timothy was identified by his wife Joy, who went to the Busay Barangay Hall last night after hearing reports about a human body found inside a burned car in the hillyland.

Busay Councilor Kevin Sanchez believes the vehicle, reportedly a gray Toyota RAV 4 model, was set on fire.

Klaro, tataw kaayo gituyo (It’s very clear the fire was intentional),” he said in a radio dyLA report.

The Cebu City Fire Station received the alarm at 3:02 p.m. and put out the flames 10 minutes later.

At the fire scene yesterday, SPO2 Rommel Bancog of the Cebu City Police Office’s Homicide Section could not determine if the body was male or female because it was burned beyond recognition. The police will have the body undergo an autopsy today, Friday.

But Yody Sanchez posted on his Facebook account past 10 o’clock last night that the passenger has been identified and a suspect has been named.

The suspect is an Australian friend who owed Wilson money.

Sun.Star Cebu is withholding the name of the Australian until he can give a statement. Man, car burned in Busay, Cebu | Sun.Star

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    False Friends.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nobody should lose their life over a loan they didn't pay back but I think people need to understand where they are and what the consequences can be if you like to borrow money and not pay it back. There are a LOT of people here that borrow money with absolutely no intentions of ever paying it back.....and it's not just Filipinos. In fact I've had far more expats ask to borrow money than locals....and most of the time it took a whole lot of nagging and phone calls to get just the initial loan back, forget about any interest or even a "thanks". I understand the Australians frustrations but he (allegedly) took it way to far.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    We don't know the reasons he may have for betraying his friend, if he in fact did. We only know that he is being sought for questioning and that (from Facebook) the wife 'dreamt' of 'seeing her husband being burned inside a car'. Another thing we don't know is who she was sleeping with while having that dream. Perhaps the man did not lose his life over the loan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah. That's why I added the "alleged" part. :wink: I'm curious, if the police could not identify if the body was male or female how is it that the wife was able to positively identify it as her husband? I didn't see the part about the "dream" the wife had. Very suspicious.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Dream.png

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That comment should have raised the investigators eyebrows a bit. That superstitious nonsense might work on the general public but a good investigator should have bumped her up the list of potential suspects for admitting she had an idea that it was going to happen before it did. I would be curious if she had an appointment with the dentist prior to that dream.....perhaps she is dreaming of appointments that were previously made. :meh:

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have to admit that was my gut feeling for what it's worth. That and $3 will buy a crappy cup of coffee at Starbucks.

9. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And she apparently volunteered her story without being asked by police??? Too fast, too pat... Very suspicious. Will wait until the investigation concludes if it ever does... If nobody to prosecute (wifey poo) it may never be solved.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. The Fly

The Fly Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please read the story again it wasnt Tim Wilson that owed the Australian ( Ratcliffe) it was the Australian (Ratcliffe) owed Tim Wilson. Maybe Ratcliffe never intended to pay his Debts to not only 1 man i would guess, there are others that are owed ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016