Dumaguete Info Search

An Independant Scotland

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by john boy, Aug 17, 2014.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The Australian PM Tony Abbott is quoted in the Times while visiting London
    "Those who would like to see the UK break Up were "Not the friends of justice or freedom"
    He was also quoted as saying "Nations who would cheer the prospect were not the Countries whose company one would like to keep"
    How I wish we had a Prime Minister like that instead of a pussey footing David Cameron!
    Long live the Queen and long may Britain remain united.....JB

2. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    This thread may not be of interest to many, however if your are of European descent, indirectly it may well affect your homeland!
    In ten days time Scotland will decide.
    There are lots of side issues involved that will come to the forefront for EEC membership. The arguement against the Yes vote, beautifully put in the attached.
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/t...ationalism-ugly-others-084240730.html#2mdnv2t

3. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The Union Jack
    You guys will hear it before me,the result of the vote on Scottish Independence, as its due early hours of the morning in UK.
    A comment made by tennis player Andy Murray Scottish by birth, has left a bitter taste in some English peoples mouths!
    Personally I feel he has always been Patriotic about Scotland, however it brings into view the lesser, but important fact of the UK flag.
    The result of a yes vote, will create many unforseen problems, including the change to the British Flag.
    Which ever way the vote goes the United Kingdom will never be the same again.......JB

Scottish Independence Referendum Result Could Be Curtains For The Union Jack

4. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Does this mean the recipe for Fish & Chips is gonna change? O-xI

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't understand why they would be "not the friends of justice and freedom". If the majority wants to be an independent country then wouldn't it be against justice and freedom of they were not allowed to be one? That is kinda the whole point of a democracy right?

I don't really care which way it goes (nor do I know why the vote is even happening....something about the conflicts in the middle east?) but the people should get what they voted for or they aren't really free.

6. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Freedom, democracy.
    I am no politician, put simply, loyalty of a 400 year old agreement. Two world wars fought for in the name of justice and freedom. No greater sacrifice than lay down your life for a friend etc. As an Englishman I feel a yes vote would be a betrayal of what our Fathers did for a United (Union) Kingdom....Good night God Bless Britain.....JB

7. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Early polls look like it's gonna be NO....Good night JB

Scottish referendum live: first result brings gloom to yes camp | Politics | theguardian.com

8. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hmm. Wonder why he didn't mention that he was in London to beg to reunite Australia with UK :D

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Come on now! a Politician begging Wow! now that's View attachment 11758 :rolleyes:

Morning all JP :p

Attached Files:

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Latest from the Polls.

For those Interested, here is the latest I could Find on results.

I am Housebound again today, if I can, I will try and keep the results coming until JB is up and Kicking. :rolleyes:

Scotland's Referendum

JP