Dumaguete Info Search

Android app for ph government services

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by DavyL200, Aug 30, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    MANILA, Philippines – Out of confusion and frustration over the basics of government services, a 21-year-old political science graduate developed a mobile app that aims to help people navigate basic government services.

Kemuel Clyde Belderol developed the app "FormsPH", which seeks to provide vital information about key Philippine government documents, including the requirements and steps to get them.

Most of the information are either from government websites, as verified by bloggers who have had experience in complying with the requirements of various government offices.

FormsPH, released at the Google Play Store last August 28, can be used offline once downloaded. It also includes contact details of government agencies as reference. Confused about PH gov't services? There's now an app for that

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It seems that the app is not available in my country.

Screenshot from 2016-08-31 04:13:19.png

My current IP address is the Philippines....not quite sure what's up with that?

3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not sure how helpful an app like that would be here. Government requirements too often change between offices, employees, and seemingly even the time of day in some cases. Interpretations of the law/requirements is to fluid to keep accurately updated.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The forms don't change all that often and newer versions get uploaded to their respective .gov.ph websites fairly quickly. The problem with the forms is knowing how many trees you will need to cut down to get enough paper for all the originals, photocopies and notarized copies required when you walk in to the government office. :meh:

5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    IP address is mostly irrelevant here. Deep in your google account settings you can change your accounts home country. I don't remember exactly but I think it's related to your means of payment,I.e. If you want to see the Philippines play store (including prices in PHP) you'll have to have a local credit card on file. Not sure if it's really worth the hassle, but sometimes store prices here appear to be cheaper - I just pay PHP 120 / month for Spotify premium for example. Downside vs the us store might be availability of movies etc.

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Too much trouble when I could just go out and snatch the APK from an app store or download site that doesn't have region restrictions. :wink: