Dumaguete Info Search

Annabelles on the Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I was sitting in Annabelles restobar on the Boulevard the other night enjoying the folk singer having a couple of beers while my girlfriend had a mango shake.

The folk singer was very talented and we really enjoyed him playing, in fact every table in the bar was taken and a few people were just stading around listening to this guy as well.

When time came to pay my bill I thought something was wrong, 2 San Miguel Lights and 1 mango shake came to the grand total of P95 - a lot less than I expected.

Surely I will be back at Annabelle's

2. connoisseur

connoisseur DI Member

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Their cheeseburger is nothing to sneeze at either. Give it a try next time. :smile:

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    was it happy hour:D

4. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I miss hanging out on the BLVD! It is beautiful there! It is hard to be back in the States where going out means to be COOPED up inside without a gorgeous view plus pay WAY TOO MUCH for food/drink. I got so SPOILED in the Phls.

5. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried one of their recommended cheeseburgers when there was a cool spell one evening. It was okay once, but I just couldn't get into inhaling Rizal exhaust fumes while telling myself how much I saved on a burger, you know?

Seriously. I cannot spend the last years of my life with the day's biggest decision being deciding which restaurant in Dumbaguete is going to offer the least chance of disappointing me today - at a bargain price. Or have that be the highlight of my day.

Way too much like the FL retirement scene.

Yuk.

Somehow though, even with gin and lime mix smuggled repeatedly into the room, and an almost daily dose of Belgian fries,pizza, & draft beer(s) at Shakey's, I managed to lose about 15lbs in the 7 weeks we spent there.

You just never know..

:cool:

6. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The live music in the PHL is some of the BEST I have ever heard! I have been to places in Chicago that still were not as good as the entertainment in the PHL. It doesn't matter how fancy the place if the entertainment isn't that good. There is such talent in entertainment everywhere that I have traveled in the PHL including the poorest way up in the mountains. It is obviously a God given gift and can't be bought. Either someone has it or not. I do know that I don't! LOL......

Another good entertainment place is across from the Hypermart way out in the country side. THe food is great (real food...traditional filipino foods..mmm).......beers are cold......the singers sing all the popular songs and take requests.

7. liquido

liquido DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have to disagree with you big time on comparing the entertainment in the RP to Chicago's....I dont think you have been to any Jazz or Blues places in the city of Chicago then..Do you know how many world famous groups and singers came out of Chicago??Sorry..didnt mean to get on your case...

8. jss

jss DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a state of mind

I think what he means is he really enjoys the overall EXPERIENCE of being entertained here.
    Of course, you cant really compare world famous musicians to homegrown RP local groups, but you add to it the cold, cheap beers, waitstaff coming to your attention immediately, tropical breeze... Then you will have the level of entertainment experience on par with just about any venue, anywhere in the world.

9. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    No offense taken........I have been to the House of Blues in Chicago several times and enjoyed it. Also, I went to other Jazz places too. I think what makes the difference is what JSS wrote.....all the additional things add up to make it better for me in the PHL. I certainly LOVE the great outdoor type of experience added to the background of the music.

10. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "couldn't get into inhaling Rizal exhaust fumes"
    Let's see...you have a problem with the paltry exaust fumes of Duma and your signature is Viper ACR??? whats up with that?? why the obsessive anti-phillipines attitude? someone there steal your lunch money? just stay in the US and get "super sized" and Mickey D's
    ...btw I personally prefer the Shelby Cobra as far a muscle cars go ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.