Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info Annual register

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by roadking, Jan 16, 2013.

1. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    HI
    To all going to register, They are now asking to see your passport.
    another little add on.
    Regards
    Mark...,

2. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Do you mean for permanent residents when you go to immigration to file your "annual report ?"...Miguel

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I have always taken my passport and I card, assuming the passport was required for my annual report. They always look at both.

4. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I had the same experience the last couple of years...

5. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Last year I registered at the Mandaue, Cebu BI office. Only my Icard and the P310 were requested at the window. The worker scanned the card in a machine, it spit out the receipt, ka-ching, done in 20 seconds.

This year the Dumaguete BI, where the banner on the wall states for the Annual Report: 5 minutes to present your documents and another 5 to prepare your receipt. They wanted Icard, Passport & last years receipt. They also had me sign their file card including for last year when I went elsewhere. Arrived early so no line and it took over an hour. It got crowded until SRO in the dirty dilapidated and stuffy hole.

It's always more fun, somewhere, in the Philippines. At least it's still only P310.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would never even consider going to the immigration office without my passport. Does your country's passport weigh 80 kilos and put up a fight to get out of the safe?

I'm sure you have been here awhile, since you state that this is not your first time going through this process. You must have been getting some d*mn good service here in the past two years if you are just now having to wait to get something done.

It is indeed more fun in the Philippines or else none of us would be here.

7. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I just did mine here in Baguio Immigration.

I had my passport in my pocket but nobody asked for it.

The guy next to me did not even bring his I-Card and they let him do his annual as well.

total time 20 minutes.

Worst thing to me about doing business with immigration is the dress code they enforce. They are all "Come here and spend money in this nice hot tropical country" and then when you get to Immigration you are not even allowed to be dressed comfortably. Clothes which a lot of tourists would not even bring to the Philippines knowing the temperatures here.

I understand they wanna keep out thongs and offensive beach wear, but if you have a nice pair of knee long shorts they wont even let you in with that.

Oh well, that one day a year :smile: it was worse back when I had to go every 2 months...