Dumaguete Info Search

KEY Thread Annulment of marriage in the philippines soon to be made easier

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Oct 1, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Following Pope Francis historic announcement that the annulment process will be simplified and made available for free, leaders of the Catholic Church in the Philippines feel that there will be an upsurge in the number of annulment cases in the country.

In a recent interview, Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz of the National Appellate Matrimonial Tribunal of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) said that they are welcoming the news with gladness.

According to Cruz, “I agree with the Holy Father that the process for marriage nullity declaration can be shortened” describing the current process as “quite complicated.”

In the past, annulment has always been very expensive plus the process usually took a long time. With the changes announced by Vatican, the new requirements will shorten the process because annulment cases approved by the church court will no longer have to be reviewed by another tribunal. Also, it will only take about 2 months or less for an annulment to be granted. Philippine Catholic Church Expects Annulment Cases To Be Free Soon - PH Juander

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    An old post from 2015 but may interest some!

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I am helping a friend who wants to obtain an Annulment. What I have been told so far about the process from different sources is a mass of contradictions. Has anyone had first-hand experience of the process and would be willing to tell me about it please? This can be done by private messaging if you wish. Thanks.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So, it's bad if the EU says it but if the Pope says ending a marriage should be easier it's ok? Funny, the EU donates money to the Philippines....the Pope takes it from the Philippines.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    May put a stop to the stupid Adultery Law here that appears to me to be very biased and not enforced when it could/should and is enforced when it should not... :rolleyes:

6. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    I have current first hand experience and have sent you a PM. Just for the benefit of the forum, I have been told it can be done in 6 months but have talked to many lawyers and was never promised less than 2 years, with no real guarantee. It can take longer. Cost 150,000 and up, plus Visa expense after.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is enforced consistently. Screw around with the wives of locals who are connected and you will consistently find yourself getting thrown in prison. :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Thanks very much, but I have not received the PM. Would you please send it again if possible. Thanks.

9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Exactly... BUT if THEY do it then the Law looks the other way. I know of several locally who's Husbands have Mistresses or '2nd' Wives, yet if the woman did that then God forbid! The Law NEEDS to cover exactly what it states and do it's job imo...

10. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    I received a disagree rating on my post and that is your prerogative, but if you have better information could you please share it? What I stated was my own personal experience but I would like to know if there is better information from anyone else. It may be helpful to the OP and to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1