Dumaguete Info Search

Another Malaysia Plane Down

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This one could lead to some serious implications. On top of that you have the Israel thing going on. Bad timing. Hope the US decides to stay out of both of these incidents. It's a mess that's best to let the people living there deal with.

3. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    A bit more on this from Aussie news 27 AUSSIES , 3 FILIPINO'S

Malaysia Airlines jet 'shot down'

4. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Morons and missiles , not a good mix , "oh whoops sorry it was an accident" , we thought it was someone else ,
    Not anywhere near acceptable , in my opinion . And in my opinion needs an immediate response , internationally , to prevent another
    "oh whoops sorry it was an accident"
    Another thing , do these airlines keep up to date on the level of conflict in the areas below their flight path , just recently there was
    another plane shot down in that vicinity.

The rebels shot down another An-26 in rebel-held eastern Ukraine on June 14, killing 49 government servicemen.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm curious why there wasn't a no fly zone over that area. Maybe Malaysia Airlines didn't think it was worth wasting the extra fuel to go around a war zone with modern ADA missiles deployed. If it was an accidental/misidentified shoot down (probably not), did the plane have their transponders on, IFF, radio contact?

And for the news to be claiming these systems can't be operated by militants is absolute BS. They would be wise to remember that this part of the world has a different breed of "militant". These aren't the cave dwelling terrorists just stepping out of the stone age. It is rare to find an adult male in that part of the world that hasn't served in the military in some capacity. Military service is not voluntary there. They know war and they know military weapon systems. Any male over the age of 18 could very well know his way around modern ADA weaponry.

Sorry, but I'm not so concerned with the victims or their nationalities...as sad as it is. There is potentially much more at risk with this one. sh*t could hit the fan and get ugly.

6. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Well as ridiculous as it may sound , there was a no flow zone in the area , up to 32,000 feet , and apparently the plane was travelling at an altitude of 33,000 feet ,
    hey nothing like playing it safe , I mean they had a 1000 feet buffer zone ??

7. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Well here is the mentality we are dealing with , they have just played a recorded intercepted phone call between the militant commander and general , who are saying it was a Ukrainian plane with the Malaysian Airlines logo on it , and the general said it must have been full of f##kn spies

The last 40 seconds of this audio has already deleted by aus. media , I have posted above what the content of the edited portion contained

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/24491122/we-shot-down-a-plane-rebel-leader-in-leaked-audio/

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A no fly zone over a war zone like this should be at ALL altitudes. If not the enemy would just fly over the no fly zone. Corridors are set up in those radar's software, and the way you type them in (an extremely boring and mundane process involving lots of numbered keystrokes, at least in my 14G training...not 100 percent sure on the Russian counterpart, but I suspect they are equally as boring to set up) it is very easy for you not to notice that you hit a 2 instead of a 3. There can be hundreds of lat/long/altitude reference points in a single corridor.....and that's if these guys were even doing such a thing. Just having a blank radar screen and no IFF crypto means that EVERYTHING comes up as unidentified/red (enemy).

Any airline worth a d*mn would say, "No way I'm flying my planes over a war zone that has actively shot down planes recently". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's not wise to fly over war zones. I blame Malaysia Airlines....again.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Any Self Respecting Captain, would have something to say about it also, in my Opinion. Not to mention his First Officer when logging the flight.

Those Flight plans, are Logged in quite a few places, WHO? the hell allowed, that Flight to Take off, on Coordinates that included any No Fly Areas.

JP

10. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Well it would appear that statement is 100% correct . Australia has cancelled the sitting of parliament and all other stuff like that for today , and the prime minister is demanding access to the crash site , below is a list of casualties by nationality

View attachment 11111

Attached Files: