Dumaguete Info Search

Another story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by alex, Jul 1, 2013.

1. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I Could not find the origainal post on this story so ill start again
    Web Sight HULAGWAY ug KASIKAS sa Dumaguete
    A Post started by BOB.JP stated (I quote)
    I except that the MURDER of the foreigner who drew 2.5 million from his bank and was killed with a hammer ect .
    He went on to say the story was sweaped under the carpet as it would be bad for tourism if the story got to much publicity.
    Who do you believe ?
    cheers

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So he was killed this time !

3. nick78_swe

nick78_swe DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1.2 mill was stolen.
    Wife got hit in the head with a hammer, barely a scratch on her though.

4. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
  5. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Goforth: inside job highly likely in P2.2 million daytime hold up in Dumaguete

DUMAGUETE CITY, July 01 (PNA) – Police authorities are strongly considering an inside job in the recent hold-up incident involving a British national and his Filipino wife who lost P2.2 million in cash in a daytime heist in downtown Dumaguete.

Supt. James Goforth, chief of police of Dumaguete, disclosed Monday that at least two suspects were positively identified following intensive investigation. He declined to identify the suspects but admitted they were professionals for hire based outside of this capital city of the province of Negros Oriental.

According to Supt. Goforth, he met the victims on Monday who appeared to be 100 percent certain of the possible “insiders” who may have linked up with the perpetrators.

The police chief said their concern now is to do a thorough trace as to how the “insiders”, who were privy to the transaction on June 28, were able to connect with the suspects who are still at large.

There are also some witnesses that would help strengthen the case against the individuals who may have had access to information regarding Friday’s daytime robbery considering this was the second pay off in a land deal, said Goforth.

On Friday, the victims, Brian Foster, a British national, and his wife Rosario, were at Union Bank to collect the 2nd tranche payment from Swiss national Herman Ritz, who bought property owned by the couple in nearby Valencia town, said Goforth.

The Foster couple’s vehicle was parked at the said bank and they had driven off around 1 p.m. Friday to deposit the cash at Bank of the Philippine Islands where they had an account, according to Goforth.

Just about 300 meters down the road along San Juan Street, a busy section of this city, a motorcycle with two riders on board cut across in front of them, police investigation showed. Thinking it was just a traffic hitch, the couple slowed down.

Everything happened so fast, the Fosters told police investigators and Supt. Goforth. The suspects alighted from the motorcycle, pointed a gun at them and demanded for the money. One of them smashed a glass window and even hit the foreign national with a hammer before speeding off.

Supt. Goforth disclosed that Bryan Foster admitted to him that he was just complacent the second time around as nothing untoward happened to them the first time a payoff was made last June 14.

At the time, the couple’s car was parked at the other corner from Union Bank, and had walked over with also P2.2 million in cash with them, Goforth said.

The police chief lamented it was a high security risk to be carrying around a huge sum of money when the transaction could have been done via bank transfer.

Goforth believes the daytime heist was pre-meditated and that information regarding the payment on June 28 had already leaked.

He also disclosed some middlemen in the land deal are being invited over to the police station for questioning.

There were many people in the vicinity of the crime scene at the time, as well as security guards at the different business establishments in the area, but as in previous crime cases, nobody has signified their intention to provide vital information to the police, Goforth lamented.

However, other potential witnesses, specifically those with prior knowledge to the land transaction, are expected to cooperate with the police. (PNA) JFP

6. OP
    OP
    alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    So the real story comes out, I posted what i read on HULAGAY UG KASIKAS DUMAGUETE facebook sight because i could not believe how many diffrent storys their were about this.
    Storys like his will not help tourism
    Its hard to believe any thing you read now
    CHEERS

7. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

No his alive. The wife was the one who had a head injuries. I hope theyll catch the perpetrators.

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know, I was commenting on Alex's version.