Dumaguete Info Search

Anti distracted driving law will be enforced :)

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, May 16, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Back in May, the Senate has approved on its final reading SBN 3211, or the Anti-Distracted Driving Act. Now a law, it is now assigned as Republic Act No. 10913.
    According to the new law, distracted driving refers to the performance by a motorist of any of the following acts in a motor vehicle in motion or temporarily stopped at a red light.

• Using an electronic entertainment or computing device to play games, watch movies, surf the internet, compose messages, read e-books, perform calculations, and other similar acts.
    However, it is not considered as distracted driving if you’re not holding the mobile device like when in hands-free function, using the speaker phone, earphones and microphones. Provided, that the placement of the mobile device or hands-free device does not interfere with the line of sight of the driver.

Read more at Anti-Distracted Driving Act bill lapses into law » YugaTech | Philippines Tech News & Reviews

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "will be enforced". lol Yeah, ok. :meh:

• Funny Funny x 8
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    My bet........one or two weeks and then business as usual.................!
    So many new laws have been implemented that even the law enforcer has lost track I think.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Some time ago, the press said the the LTO were having a problem with Deputizing TNO officers because many can't read and write, I Believe that they Have to be Sworn in as Deputies before they can Enforce anything, to date, I personally have only see maybe 2 with Enforcer written on his jacket

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Had me interested up to the last two paragraphs where I think the writer became a tad thick skinned and defensive... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    As they do :cigar:

9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I wonder if this will also include the custom I see here of tinting the front Windscreen or covering it with stickers like many of the Jeepneys I catch? :o o:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    With the Low sun in the Morning and evening I feel Tinting is essential here but question the Darkness of the Tint. When we bought our Car we went to the Dealer before they Tinted, we were given glass to look through tinted in different tints we both looked the the Windscreen through these tinted Glass Modules to see what was more Comfortable, we chose "Damask" about 1/2 the darkest. It does the Job without making Driving Difficult and Cuts the harsh glare of the Sun, I can also see what is what and even Night Driving (Which I hate) is pretty Good.
    To me, those that have almost Black Windscreens have something to Hide. + those with stickers all over would never get away with it anywhere else, in the UK, Obscuring the Windscreen with Stickers is against the Law, Minimal Stickers to lower left or right, current Road tax to the lower left. I would presume that a Crash Investigator might Null and Void Insurance on may of these Stickered Vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 1