Dumaguete Info Search

Any Body Have "Gsat" SAT TV in Duma Area?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Don, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Looking to change SAT TV providers....Gsat.Asia seems to be cheaper than Cignal, yet has as many HD channels in English and about 14 other English channels that I might actually watch.

PLEASE! Anyone have any experience of any type with Gsat.asia SAT TV?????
    Thank you all.
    Don:confused:

Looking to change SAT TV providers....Gsat.Asia seems to be cheaper than Cignal, yet has as many HD channels in English and about 14 other English channels that I might actually watch.

PLEASE
    Anyone have any experience of any type with Gsat.asia SAT TV?????
    Thank you all.
    Don

PLEASE
    Anyone have any experience of any type with Gsat.asia SAT TV?????
    Thank you all.
    Don

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Don, you can check with Filmguy when he returns from the US. He has some multiple satellite configurations, not sure if he has GSat, he is very knowledgable on Sats.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thought he was back already. Maybe a PM could get his attention. I would think there should be some blackmarket dealers in satellite setups here. The afghans figured it out while I was there and offered it cheap. I'd bet you could get a completely unlocked receiver/card from a local somewhere. If you find out let me know. :wink:

4. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We had a couple boxes like that a few years ago but Dream changed something with their signal and they no longer worked. Don't know about other sat companies. I can say tho that Dream is terrible. their basic rate is 390 for 20 or so channels, only a couple any good (discovery and a sports chanel) basic cable is 350 for 60 or more channels with quite a few good channels.

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    My wife uses Dream, works for her. I use Cignal, works for me primarily for sports and news and HBO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Cignal Sat TV

PatO,
    I wanted to check into GSat TV...but no one here in DGTE seems to know about them, except POS, who is their authorised agent. POS no longer handles CIGNAL TV and the girl there said they do not know who is CIGNAL'S new authorized agent. Do you??
    GSat or Cignal never answered my emails - so I'm stuck. I hate Dream....I call it "Nightmare" TV.LOL!!
    Do you know where the Cignal authorised agent is in Duma?
    Thanks
    Ayo ayo = Take care
    Don

7. syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi, i use ustvnow.com it includes dvr so i can watch what i record when i feel like it, all you need in an internet connection

8. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Don, not sure where they are located but you can give their Manila hq a call at 1-800-10 244 6251 or 02 244 6251.

9. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    As far as I could tell from the Cignal website, all Handyman and Robinsons TV/Fridge etc stores are Cignal outlets.

Vicmico

10. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Thank you very much!
    I will go to either Handyman or Robinson's the very next time we get down to Dumaguete! I have read a lot of good things about Cignal...but nothing about Gsat......yet Gsat also now has HD movies, with almost 14 other channels in English that I would watch! Not sure how many Cignal has.
    If anyone here who has Cignal cares to elaborate about their programs and reliability, it would be much appreciated.
    Thank you again, Viamco.
    Ayo ayo = Take care
    Don