Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Any good travel agencies in Dumaguete that you all use?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Turbota, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Anyone here care to share the name and address of a good travel agency here in Dumaguete for buying airline tickets for travel within the Philippines and for International tickets such as tickets to the US.

I know of the good agencies in both Bacolod City and Angeles City, but not here in Dumaguete.

Thank's,

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    For international flights I find it cheapest to go to one of the online travel sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Kayak....) or directly to the airline's website. For domestic flights in the Philippines I believe it is cheaper to just go to the airline website or one of their physical locations. I'm not sure how using a middleman could be cheaper (but I could be wrong).

3. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Any time I fly and book offline I go to the agency right beside HayHay restaurant (ground floor). Very good service there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I use the one next to B,O,I always good price n good servive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3

Called Dreamland .... I have used them.... very good ... a little higher than online but that is service charge

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hans Boot

Hans Boot DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +165 / 27
    Airline tickets I purchase on-line directly via the airline website. However, in order to pre-determine the best pricing and connection I use a search engine of a travel site. One of the best travel sites I have found in this neck-of-the-woods is Asiatravel.com. I have used them very regularly for airport transportation and hotel accomodation bookings (mostly Manila).

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    My problem with buying airline tickets [online] for travel within the Philippines is that the Cebu Pacific website never accepts my US issued MasterCard.

Additionally, the last time I tried using the Philippine Airlines website for tickets, I also had problems when trying to use my MasterCard.

I never had these problems when using US based airline companies such as Delta or United Airlines.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have the exact same problem with my US based cards. It takes me to a security page, I setup the security login then I get declined...every time. Usually ends up costing me another 30-50 bucks to order on Expedia (double the flight price). U can't blame them though, the amount of fraud in the Philippines I would never allow it on my website.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    There is another way with Cebu Pacific. you can book online then take your confirmation code down to LBC or Palawan within a certain time, and pay there in cash. Cheapest way from what I have seen. If you do go to a travel agent, I agree that dreamland is pretty darn good. We refer customers there from our tour company and they have always been treated well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1