Dumaguete Info Search

Any interest in helping a Filipina with Bipolar disorder?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by notanewbie, Feb 22, 2015.

1. notanewbie

notanewbie DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    This Filipina, a friend of mine who I can no keep company with, due to her psychotic breaks in which she is totally in a different world.

I know, I'm crazy for wanting to help her, but she's intelligent and good person as long as she does not have one of her spells in which she becomes borderline violent and is unreachable. I have no personal stake in this other than trying to help her and she will probably die alone and early death as she is living on the streets now. Just giving her money would do no good.

I am looking for a licensed nurse in Dumaguete who will be able to give her her medication daily thus insuring she takes it. This woman has good potential and it's a shame she will probably die an early death due to her living on the streets, due to her condition. There are medications that can be of great help to her to get her back on her feet and off the streets.

If anyone knows a licensed nurse who can give her her meds under doctors supervision, please let me know here. Not sure I can pm yet as this is a new account so email?

This would be an easy task for someone living in central Dumaguete that would take no more than 15 minutes a day. I am too far away from Dumaguete and I think it needs to be a nurse to do this. I will pay to have this done.

I spoke to social welfare here and other agencies and the red tape and stuff you have to go through here is very anti-service. Just like in the USA, they get money to implement programs to provide services and then make it impossible for most people to pass through all the hoops to get it.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Bipolar disorder can be difficult to treat because the typical patient is not good at taking their medications. Many self medicate with drugs and alcohol. Most times it is not even diagnosed and they become addicts of some self medication program they personally develop to cope with life.
    Unfortunately I do not know of a better solution than what you are trying to do. Living in Bacong, I really can not help you because of geography. I agree that it is unfortunate to let a life with a great potential dissolve because of a problem like this.

Suggestions anyone?

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I am not sure on Philippine law but I would be pretty sure that it is not possible to force someone to take anti psychotic medication without the state first committing a person to a mental hospital. I would also be curious as to how this woman would pay for the prescriptions if she is homeless.

It seems your intentions are good......you are just asking an awful lot from a person (time, money and risking their personal safety). It is sad seeing a good person lose everything due to a preventable/treatable mental illness though. I wish you the best of luck with getting this girl some help.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,989 / 1,089
    Yes...... I hope your friend can get some help and does not join the very large statistics of the homeless with mental illness. Good luck with your cause!

• Like Like x 2