Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Any Recent Water Drilling Success

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Jun 7, 2015.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Has anyone had a recent water well drilled and can make a recommendation and offer do and don't advice? I read blueskies 2011 post and I believe she indicated their's cost over 500k pesos, more than I can afford. Thanks

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Pat, the fellow right next to me seems to be drilling for something, since there is little oil, and not a consistent water supply available here I think he is looking for water. He has been drilingl for about a week. He may be a source of information. Just west of my house. Drill rig was still up yesterday..

• Like Like x 4
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Pato
    I've noticed a lot of community well around various parts of Bacong (the old hand pump jobbies) that people use. I'm guessing the water is not too far down in many areas.
    If there is a community well near you then you can assume there is water close to the surface.
    A friend has recently put in a couple of dug wells at La Toundra Beach (Gerry's on the Beach) in San Miguel. Actually he is in the process of installing one now.
    It cool how he does them:
    He digs until he hits water and then starts to cast his well tiles in the hole using some basic plywood forms.
    He keeps casting more section until he has most of what he needs.
    Then he excavates from inside the tiles (very safe), as the tiles sink into the ground he will cast another section or two on top of his existing tiles.

It's worth going down for a look see. Maybe this could work for your place. If not you can always get a cold beer.
    Ask for Micheal or Roger.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Dave, the new house just below me coming up the road is also drilling a well at the back, been there around a month now,not sure how they are getting on but I should imagine the rocks are a big problem here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Water out this way is getting worse lately, our storage tank ran out today so had to go bribe the local fire brigade to come and fill the tanks up! At least the water shortage is not as bad as Cebu.

6. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just wondering since I'm not in Duma yet....

But is the rainy season significant enough utilize water collection systems like what is done in other parts of the world? I've seen collection systems where rain falling on the roof is filtered and sent to a cistern system.

Would or could this work in N.O.? I know this system can be more cost effective than drilling as some places just don't have the water underground, or it's not enough GPM to justify the cost of drilling.

nwlivewire

7. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Rainwater collection system is a great idea but this year would not have been much use.
    We have not really had any significant rain since mid February. There is so much construction going on everywhere the local boreholes and springs cannot keep up with demand in a lot of places. Even around here when there is good pressure there are so many leaks in the pipes a lot of it just drains into the ground.
    Our municiple water guys who are out fixing pipes etc are only 2 and use there own motorcycles and only the fuel is paid for by municiple. They are paid p140 day!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It depends on where you are and how deep they have to drill to get to the water table. My landlord looked into it after a big typhoon washed away all the water lines in Valencia (and we were hauling water in from the swimming pool to take showers after we depleted our 4 reserve tanks) but the cost was insane. I believe she said it was going to be around P600k to drill the well where we lived. I still think she was quoted that ridiculous price because everyone in the area was needing a well drilled at the time though. The municipality eventually rounded up some water trucks and started delivering river water. That was a stinky month. lol

9. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Oh Brother! That must have been a hard time for folks to go through. It sounds like water (good drinking water) is a big issue. If not, it sure will become one if more growth hits and nothing is done to improve what's currently coming through the pipelines.

nwlivewire

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Don't drink the tap water. You might be alright for awhile but it is only a matter of time before there is a crack in the water pipe in the wrong location (somewhere something toxic is being dumped....or under a pig farm :vomit:).

office-water-cooler-adjusted.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1