Dumaguete Info Search

Anyone got a Quarantine Pass yet??

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by SmartKoala, Apr 4, 2020.

1. SmartKoala

SmartKoala DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Crypto trading
    Ratings:
    +15 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We've been waiting here anxiously for the past 3 days to receive our QP from our Barangay (Banilad). Everytime our dog is barking we think they're bringing our brand new (and hopefully disinfected) Quarantine Pass so our 'hunger game' is over. I was almost as excited as when I last got my new international credit card delivered... but still nothing coming here. I guess the wait goes on!

Anyways, we were just wondering if anyone has already received their QP within Dumaguete, especially in BANILAD Barangay?

2. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm in Banilad Dumaguete. Nothing arrived by 8pm Thursday night so I went to the barangay hall.
    We queued up for about 30 minutes and got a red one. However the captain asked us to share it with our neighbors as not enough had been made. The next day we learned that we don't need a pass unless we need to go to the center of town. It's fine to use local shops and even Robinson's without a card. 20200402_203700.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So we are in Bacong with a checkpoint between us and Robinsons so we need a QP right ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    My driver got turned back today by Dgte border checkpoint from Bacong to Dumaguete. QP didn’t matter, Bacong could not enter Dgte today. Doesn’t work for everyone, obviously.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    SmartKoala

SmartKoala DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Crypto trading
    Ratings:
    +15 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Meanwhile I learned that it's still possible to move around in the area and now I know exactly where the checkpoints are located. Today I went shopping in Hypermart just as normal, except that I had to wear a mask AND of course, that I couldn't buy my wine but nevertheless I still managed to buy some beers in spite the alcohol ban, hehe...

7. Shawn44

Shawn44 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Got a blue pass ...tuesday and Friday can go out

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    We got our black pass which is good for Saturday and Wednesday. I guess this is their way of limiting the number of people who are out in the streets. But this feels like communism.

9. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    No pass, I doubt I'll ever get one. been to the Piapi Bgy this morning and the guy told me they got two passes left there for 'borrowing in case of emergency', but as long as I had proof of my place of living I wouldn't need one anyway to do my shopping. Feels like business as usual in the Philippines...

only downside, I feel kinda hesitant about venturing outside of the city borders without a pass, who knows if PNP or whoever else elsewhere care about Dumaguetes quarantine pass distribution problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And don't we love it! Or do we? :smile: