Dumaguete Info Search

Anyone have experience with Delta MNL to Detroit?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by derivative_guru, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Do any of our forum members have experience flying Delta's First Class service from Manila to Detroit? I have never flown Delta internationally, so I didn't know how good (or bad) their in-flight is, particularly for First Class. They have by far the lowest First Class fares, so I wondered if anyone can comment on their service.

Thanks in advance.

2. schumi

schumi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure if this is of any help, but that's the flight I take every year, but not in first class. But if their coach class is compared to the ones with JAL, Cathay, and Korean Air... Delta's entertainment equipment falls behind the times. You still get to watch the big hazy screen upfront, no personal entertainment system. Their business class does have them, but most international airlines already have those even on coach. Their in-flight service has been ok. I have no clue what the first class looks like upstairs. Anyway, their 747 for this flight just looks plain old. I know most of them are really old, but other airlines have updated their interiors of late. And yes, Delta typically has the lowest fare. Good luck.

3. OP
    OP
    derivative_guru

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Thanks schumi...that gives me an idea. They have advertised having new planes on some routes (with the seats that fold out into a flat bed) but guess this isn't one of those routes.

A Travel Agent once told me that Cathay's Economy Class was probably as good as most US airlines' business class over the water.

Can you tell me, does this flight stop for refueling in Japan?

Thanks again.

4. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    DG,

Yes it stops in Japan where you will change planes. This is the former Northwest Airlines that merged with Delta.

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    My son is a big fan of Malaysian and tends to use them to come down here. Seat pitch in economy is 34" if I remember correctly, very comfortable, and the aircraft are new with outstanding service. And the prices are very good across the pond. We usually use Qantas and American ourselves - but only because of the way we've got the frequent flyers set up and the free domestics in the U.S. with the points.

6. tina_rey

tina_rey DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm actually taking Delta to Manila from Detroit right now. Can't say much since I'm not on the plane, but I'll let you know!

7. OP
    OP
    derivative_guru

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Thanks...let me know how it goes.

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Detroit, now that's a lovely city to fly OUT of! :D