Dumaguete Info Search

Anyone here a member of Retired's Affairs Office (RAO) in Cebu?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by luvdox, Jun 19, 2015.

1. luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Hello all,

We moved here almost 3 months ago and hubby had signed up at the RAO in Cebu. We've visited the RAO to check on our mail once after that and to also check on our household goods at the shipper's office and to pick up his ACR I-Card from the Immigration Office so that last trip was worth it. However, now we thought it would be costly to travel to Cebu just to pick up a mail or prescription medicines. Thus, we would like to collaborate with anyone else who may happen to be members of RAO and are also making trips to Cebu for this reason. Anyone?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Yes, I am a member. Have you asked Ron (the Cebu RAO Filipina secretary) if we are allowed to pick up other people's mail & prescriptions? As a side comment, have you considered getting a Special Resident Retirees Visa (SRRV)? With an SRRV you never have to deal with the immigration office......

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Did you know the Cebu RAO is under the Navy? There is also an Air Force RAO at Clark Field that has 10 satellites around the country. Unfortunately, there is not an Air Force RAO satellite office in Dumaguete, but if enough people are interested -- and if someone volunteers to head up the satellite -- we could set up a satellite office here.

The Air Force RAO does not charge dues so receiving snail mail from America is free, but you must be retired military to join the RAO.

Anyway, below I provided the two links for the Air Force RAO newsletters. The newsletters contain a WEALTH of information -- much of it even applies to expats who are not retired military!

raonews3

raonews2

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1