Dumaguete Info Search

Anyone on Tricare?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by luvdox, Oct 8, 2015.

1. luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    We arrived in Dumaguete this past April and just now looking to get our yearly physical exam done. We are on Standard Tricare Program, a US Military Health Care Insurance. Will appreciate if anyone who is on the same health insurance could give us any guidance or info. Thanks!

2. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Hi Luvdox. I have Tricare. Tricare providers in the Philippines are either "Approved" or "Certified."

I prefer approved providers because approved providers bill Tricare directly to get paid (I still must cover my annual deductible & co-pays). However, approved providers are only available in certain areas (e.g., Manila, Iloilo). I had my physical earlier this year at Makati Medical Center.

Dumaguete has Tricare certified providers (e.g., Silliman & Holy Child), which means you must pay the provider and then file a claim with Tricare to get reimbursed.

Have you looked at the list of approved & certified providers available on the Tricare Overseas web site?

Have you read about the Tricare Philippine Demonstration Project?

Have you touched base with the Philippines Tricare administration contractor, Global24?

I attached 3 screen shots related to the 3 questions I asked you.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015