Dumaguete Info Search

Anything better than dial up avail. in Dgte?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bandit, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With there being a call center in town now (or more than 1?), I'm wondering if some big internet lines have been run into town allowing access to DSL or Cable modem internet.

Something faster and cheaper than dial up plans..?

2. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Internet in Dumaguete

There are already several providers providing high speed Internet.

Globelines
    Bayantel
    IT Outlook

The latter can even provide high speed Internet all the way down to Zamboanguita using high antennas and wireless connections. We use them here in Dauin and we are very happy with them.

EDIT: IT Outlook turned crap, and we had to move to get Internet as they were the only option in the area we lived in.

3. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    How about Wireless internet services?

4. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Possebly we forgot to mention " SMART-BRO"

Have real good experiences with them. No other company would (or could) provide Wireless in Sibulan. IT Outlook was asking Php 53.000,= but could not guarantee internet connection ( pay first and we look at it !!!)

Working with " Smart" was a good thing. Friendly people with good knowledge. Congrats to Smart
    Ryan

5. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Dumaguete Internet Providers

My list is not complete :-) I think PLDT is offering something as well... oh and Sky Cable too.

Surprised about IT Outlook, they were very good with us, and the connection is pretty stable :smile:

EDIT: IT Outlook turned crap, and we had to move to get Internet as they were the only option in the area we lived in.

6. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What kind of unlimited useage rates are available?

What I lived there, there was a problem with losing the connection via wireless a few times an hour or whatever (I was told by the company), but I'd think things would have improved in 3yrs.

What are the hookup fees and monthly fees?

7. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Answering yours

There might be differences in providers pending where one lives, or which representatieve does handle initial enquiry. A friend living near Dauin avails of IT Outlook also, and did pay the noted Php 53.000,=
    In my case, I did not pay any hookup fee, other then some posts and wirings and the montly fee is the (normal) Php 999,= with unlimited useage and average speed of 250 up to 400. Having Smart-bro 3 months now, just encountered only ones a 15 mins lost of connection, due bad weather (heavy rains) condition. Again, in my opinion, the location seems to be most important in choice of provider.

Regards

8. jpullis

jpullis DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the upload and download speed?

9. Decon_phils

Decon_phils DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Such depends on the distance between transmitter and receiver, and on which account one takes. Private accounts do not have the speed of corporate accounts. Also different kinds of antenna's provide different speeds. If you wish to use SmartBro, kindly visit there office in Dmgte.

Regards Ryan

10. Martillo

Martillo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to bump this old thread.
    I have just posted my problem here:
    dumagueteinfo.com/board/general-chat/globedsl-2089.html

Last time I was in the sky cable office they couldn`t even give any info about cable broadband. They sent me in some other office (forgot already where, I think it was above some western union office and I couldnt go upstairs but somebody was coming down).
    They told me that they dont have internet service in my area (Bagacay) yet.
    Did that change now? And what is the fastest connection they offer?

I think I didnt try yet to talk to bayantel also, what is their fastest connection?

Thank you,
    Martillo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.