Dumaguete Info Search

Apo Island Apo Island tour

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by duchess101, Oct 11, 2012.

1. duchess101

duchess101 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it okay to visit apo island later, October11, 2012? We heard that there's a maintenance going on. Hoping that someone can advise us of this asap. Thanks!

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Not sure what you mean with maintenance, but the Island is still there as of October 10, 2012, as are most of the dive-sites and t-shirt vendors.

3. OP
    OP
    duchess101

duchess101 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry what I meant was rehabilitation.. I have a friend who went there last week of Aug and they were not allowed allowed to visit the marine sanctuary. Then I heard that there was a rehabilitation again reason i'm asking if it's okay to visit apologize island today

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thanks, got it...
    the marine Sanctuary suffered quite a bit in last years storm. However, you can go snorkeling on the other site of Apo Island. In my opinion, the aquatic life around the Katipanan and Rock Point area are much nicer than the Sanctuary, and deep enough that visitors can not walk on top of it (read: destroy them).

5. Jet Lagged

Jet Lagged DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was at the beach near Malatapay Market yesterday in Zamboanguita. I could have sworn I saw a sign posted by a tour operator that said something about that. It's something about all tours to Apo island are cancelled until a certain date and now I'm beating myself up for not paying attention or asking the people there about it.

Try sending an email to any dive center or resort in Dauin. If there's something going on, they would know.

6. Stephan72

Stephan72 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well dude!I have spent a lot of time in this island with my freinds last year one of the best and beautiful island especially for tourists and every tourists have liked that it.So,buddy do you like that island???????????????:smile::smile:

7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I enjoyed my tour an awful lot although it was a few years ago. Did some diving which was breath taking. (no pun intended). Would highly recommend the tour to any locals, tourists or visitors to the area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1