Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Applying for an ACR

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by seabee, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabee

seabee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in Dumaguete and Siquijor last November 2008 for about 2 1/2 weeks. I was going to open a deposit account, but was required to have an ACR (I am a US citizen). My question -- can I apply for a voluntary ACR in the Dumaguete Immigration office? I am coming back in Nov. 2009 and I really, really do not want to spend time in Cebu, much more in Manila.

Does anybody know any contact in Duma BI office that I can email about the procedures, requirements and fees?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    For reasons which I won't disclose here, I would not bother with the Dumaguete Field Office of the Bureau of Immigration.

Here is a link to the BI's website:

Bureau of Immigration, Philippines - MAIN

While it looks good, there are many aspects of immigration problems which are incompletely addressed. You may find the best answer to your particular problem by methodically working your way through the news releases. That's where I found mine (go figure).

You can also ask your question at:

xinfo@immigration.gov.ph

Be aware that the response is neither timely nor necessarily complete but it will provide a written reply which you could brandish in subsequent "discussions" with staff.

There is also a hotline in Manila which you can contact at 524-3769.

Good luck and please keep us posted here on what result you receive, OK?

3. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I have bank accounts

I have banks accounts in the Philippines without an ARC. You can get one with metro Bank or RCBC no problem at all and they are large Banks so I don't think you will have a problem of course they are in Cebu. but you can access then from any place in the Philippines...

PS. davfitz is right about the BI..but Cebu isn't any better.

4. OP
    OP
    seabee

seabee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Applying for an ACR

Thanks davfitz and teacher!

I did contact BI in Duma and Cebu last month and, true enough, they were not helpful. Those in Manila were very helpful. I just dread the thought of staying a night over there... can't breath!!!

I will keep you posted on how I go about this process so everybody can learn from it.

5. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Here's the scoop right from the BI website concerning places where you can apply for the ACR:

"Applications for issuance of ACR I-Card shall be made at the Main Office, Bureau of Immigration, Intramuros, Manila.

For those residing outside Metro Manila, applications may be made at the following district offices:

1. San Fernando, La Union
    2. Aparri, Cagayan
    3. Subic
    4. Batangas
    5. Legaspi
    6. Iloilo
    7. Cebu
    8. Tacloban
    9. Zamboanga
    10. Cagayan De Oro
    11. Surigao, and
    12. Davao"