Dumaguete Info Search

Aqua Landia Sunday

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by shadow, Jun 25, 2014.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Mouse and I will be attending Ronondo's weekly Sunday gathering at Aqua Landia. Time to put this "Monster Burger" to the taste test. Ron generally has a pretty good crowd on Sundays, so join us if you will for an unofficial DI meet up. Should be a good time with plenty of expats and their ladies.

Aqua Landia is 18 km south of Dumaguete, you will turn left just before a bridge. Or visit his webpage and send him a note telling him he needs to put better directions on his website;

Dumaguete Resorts Diving - Dauin Philippines Dive Aqua-Landia

:wink:

Larry

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    A little more information

I texted Ron yesterday to determine if the entrance special was good during the week, and how to get there.
    I got a reply that the special was available during the week but most people were there on the weekend. His response was "valid during the week, but weekends are a lot of families, life guards and so on . But restaurant is open"

He also responded with the following directions since I asked because I did not know how to get there:

"Go south of Dauin proper about 1 k past the cock pit. Marker 17.5 turn left."

Does he have a sign? I may attempt to find him today.

I will try to be there on Sunday, what time are you going Larry?

"Go south of Daui proper about i K past the cock pit. Marker 17.5 turn left.

3. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have to get our work done first, so it will probably be 1 oclock at least before we get out of town. Yes, there is a sign, but not a big one. There is a bridge, and the turn is just before the bridge.

Larry

4. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I'll buy the first beer for anyone who shows up tomorrow and tells Ron they were sent by DI.

Larry

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    So, where was everyone ??????

6. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Quite a crowd, about as I expected considering the rain and location. Funny, the first one we put together at La Fiesta we expected 20-25, and got 40. The second one at Hayahay we expected 30 or so, and got 12. A good time was had by all (or most anyway) at both of those events.

My conclusion is Bacong is the obvious choice for any future gatherings. For obvious reasons, we like to hold them at establishments that are our sponsors. In the case of Hayahay, we had hoped to convince them to become a sponsor after we brought them a party of 30 or so. However, after telling them to expect 30 and only 12 show up, few of whom ate, that does not give them much incentive to become sponsors.

Just goes to show you cannot predict them. On the bright side I didn't have to pay for many beers!

Larry

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Logistics!

Larry and Roger. it was a shame in the end that it rained so hard at Lunch time here in Junob, Even my daughter wanted to come, as she has not been to Aqua Landia. it surprised us, as she is somewhat, shy of foreigners:confused:

But as we only have the Motor Bike and with 3 of us, on the South Highway, in the rain, it was a No Go this time.

I hope you had a good time with whoever was there and I daresay, your good nature, I know, will mean you will save, the unspent $ for the next meet :rolleyes: NO! OHWELL! no harm in Trying.:p

JP

8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I think it just shows that, when a get together is a rare event then many will show up, when it is a frequent event then people like me think they will pass on this one and wait until next time.

Human nature I think. I hope the sponsors are wise enough to look long term. I am sure that some of us will visit the places we hear about on this forum, just not on the day we are asked to do it. Like herding cats, isn't it?

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    If you havn't been there it's a great location. Very short concrete road from the highway to the resort. Plenty of parking space. Beautiful cottages, and a great pool/bar/diner. Burgers are giants, and Ron is a genial host. Good location if you need to chill out for a few days. I never heard a howling dog or a genetically modified rooster.