Dumaguete Info Search

Around Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by West Coast Hokies, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Here are some photos we took around Dumaguete during our vacation.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Here are some more pictures:

and yes, that's my son eating balut. He loves it!

Attached Files:

3. Smedley

Smedley DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nics pics..

Very nice...

is your boy eating Balut? i dont think i can go that far.
    smed

4. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Great pictures West coast hokies.... and your son is really enjoying his balut.
    I see the beautiful picture of the statue of Virgin Mary, at Our Lady's Garden.
    Jos (also owner of the Jo's By the Sea) place uphill is also open to the public for 100Php and the money she collects from visitors will go to charity. It's beautiful up there. She's got also a mansion with breathtaking panoramic view of Mt Talinis and surroundings and islands of Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor, etc. Chrissar ( forum member ) and hubby will soon build their dream house atop the hill. near Jo's, the owner of the lot she just purchased.
    Thanks for sharing those pics.

5. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    He really likes it! It's the type that's not fully developed. So, they're more like hard boiled eggs. But, he could eat several at one sitting. And he always wanted us to get some if we were in the vicinity of the Blvd where they sell them.

But I with you, Smed.

Swany,
    We saw the statue when we ate at Jo's By the Sea, and visited SeaForest. We didn't see the gardens, but it looked nice from the road. I'm sure it's very beautiful at the top.

6. Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Photography in the rain is a real tricky event, trying to keep the camera dry, being careful not to get too wet yourself, worrying about condensation and trying not to slip all while trying to get that elusive shot. But it can be a lot of fun and the picture tells the story all by itself. You did a good job with both shots.:D You can see the story unfold as people going about their business getting form point A to point B, all while trying to remain dry.

To be honest I have never tried balut, but my son, like yours, he likes eating balut. I am very adventures when it comes to trying food, but there are some foods that I will not try, and this is one of them.:p

7. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Balut for the Adult is not a good thing..... It is a good source of protein and cholesterol too.... Bad for health. Rev. Robinson....Balut is tasty and delicious too..It tastes nothing more than an egg. Only that you have to eat those young balut. Dont dare to eat the older ones... The old balut means that these eggs has been made to stay longer than the ordinary... definitely you get to see some head... If i were you.. dont try them.. for beginners you try the young ones.....And you eat them at night? so that you dont get to see what is inside.and eat them in the dark...Heehhhehehe. Just a suggestion........:smile:

8. Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Kewl, that is too funny.:D Balut is tasty and delicious??? I will just take your word on that. My wife was telling me that 12 days old Balut is ok, 14 days is good, and 16 day is the best. But she can not and will not get me to try any Balut no matter how old it is.:p Besides my doctor told me that my cholesterol is too high and I need to cut back on my protein for it is too high as well. So I will have to follow the doctor's orders which means no red meat, no dark part of the chicken (and that's my favorite part), no beans, only certain types of fish and stay a way from Balut. :D

9. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Rev.! It has been a while since I've been in the tropics, so I forgot how hard it can rain at times. As you mentioned, I was also impressed on how people went about their business. It was threatening all day, so people were prepared and quick to accomodate.

It's the same thing up here in Seattle. When I first moved here, I was surprised how outdoor activity continued in the rain, jogging, walking the dog, even playing golf. Locals mentioned how if you plan to wait until it stops raining, you could be waiting for a long time. So get used to it.

Here's the last picture I took during this deluge. Notice that the pedicab has a campaign sticker of a DI member. Quite a coincidence.

Attached Files:

10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife likes her Balut 14 days, I prefer mine 6 months when it's a Chicken, lol :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.