Dumaguete Info Search

Around Valencia

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by West Coast Hokies, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We stayed in Valencia during our vacation. Often times, took strolls around town.

First picture is of Bo's Internet cafe, where i got on to Dumaguete Info...
    One Friday, classes were canceled for athletic tournaments, part of nutrition month activites. Caught some kids playing baseball.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Smedley

Smedley DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    man I miss that place... sure beats the 9 to 5 around here...
    smed

• Like Like x 1
  3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice picsss.... Cool!! Same as the old days..... Still the same..THanks for the Pics West Coast Hokies.....

4. kewl:)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice picsss.... Cool!! Same as the old days..... Still the same..THanks for the Pics West Coast Hokies.....

5. Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Beautiful Homes in Valencia

Here are some super nice looking homes I saw in Valencia a couple days ago. These are all located on the same street. The last home is for sale. I was not in the markert for a home so I did not ask how much they were asking for the house, but it looks nice. :wink:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. kewl:)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rev Robinson... May i ask what camera are you using? Pictures are very good?

7. Smedley

Smedley DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice

Nice Homes I myself would love to live in one of those, but some would consider ugly....
    not me..

8. Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    It is not the camera

A camera is a camera is a camera is a camera. There are many cameras out there with different bells and whistles on them that makes them sounds like they can do it all for you and make that magical picture happen. But the magic is in your eye and what story you want to convey. So in that aspect, a camera is just another camera.

I have been shooting professionally for over twenty years. I have taught Basic Photographer for Central Texas College, and have owned my own photo studio that caters to new entertainers needing portfolios. I have also managed a photo studio for one of the top portrait photography studio in the US, Olan Mills. Shooting the perfect shot is sometimes all about luck, but it’s also is about knowing your camera, being aware of the light that is on your subject, focus and frame your picture correctly, controlling the depth of field and shuttle speed and in using the right film and film speed.

Out of habit, I normally take two cameras with me when I am out on assignment, (it is always good to have a back up), plenty of film and batteries (it really bites, when you have that perfect shot, and you are out of film or your battery ran out on you). But if I am just out shooting for fun, one camera is all I take with me. The pictures on this forum were shot with an Olympus E-20N and a Canon Power Shot A80. Most of people shots are done with the Olympus and most of my travel shots are done with the Canon. But I have shot both scenic and people with both cameras. They both have wide angle and zoom lens which is a must, manual and auto control over the shuttle and depth of field and each camera has a built in flash. They are both digital cameras and come with a lot of bells and whistles that normally I set once and forget about it.

I hope this information helps some but remember the magic in each picture is in your eye and what story you are trying to tell.

9. kewl:)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rev Robinson...Thanks for the info...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.